• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

new guy

napaguy

Hi there I am 17 and am a new mustang owner..What size tire can I run in the back without rubbing? I have the air shocks all the way up now. I also have a spare chev 454 laying around, how can I make it fit?
I was thinking if I cut out the shock towers and all the aprons it might fit ok?

I wont get into too much detail but I needed a breath of fresh air...thanks for the great site!!!! Actually I came here hoping Dave had posted some more pics of his wife ;D

Welcome to the dark side, my friend. Lots of work to do here Pat and we hope you are up for a challenge.

Welcome Pat!

This is going to be a great place where we can all let our hair down a liitle bit more.... and maybe talk a little about Mustangs every once in a while.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. If I can be of any help I am willing to try. Please remember I am a parts guy and am not very bright....now Craig will you stop humping my leg?

"daveSanborn" said:
I am a parts guy and am not very bright....now Craig will you stop humping my leg?

This statement alone proves why you're here Pat
If you don't want Craig to hump your leg, I might be able to substitute for you...

"napaguy" said:
Hi there I am 17 and am a new mustang owner..What size tire can I run in the back without rubbing? I have the air shocks all the way up now. I also have a spare chev 454 laying around, how can I make it fit?
I was thinking if I cut out the shock towers and all the aprons it might fit ok?
Ew, ditch those air shocks=/ The upper shock mounts aren't designed to take any loads at all. Eventually you're going to punch the shocks right through the bottom of the car.

And if you put a 454 in that car, we will all disown you:p

"Starfury" said:
"napaguy" said:
Ew, ditch those air shocks=/ The upper shock mounts aren't designed to take any loads at all. Eventually you're going to punch the shocks right through the bottom of the car.

I agree

"Starfury" said:
"napaguy" said:

LMFAO....dude seriously thats the best laugh I have had all night. I guess you dont know me but those that do sometimes refer to me as a "smartass"...

Back