• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Project - It's H!ere

JeffTepper

This is one of those friend of a friend kind if scenarios. An unemployed guy in need of cash has a '68 390, GT, 4 speed, A/C, convertible that has some front suspension damage, a cracked engine block, and has been sitting for several years under a tarp within a few miles of here. Anyway the friend says come look at this car and tell me what you think. The body is in remarkable shape with a few minor repairs needed, between the garage and the chicken coop everything appears to be there, but the car clearly needs a thorough going over. The best part is the asking price is reasonable. Long story short is we bought it and will be dragging it home next week so we can figure out how far to take it. Gotta get the garage cleared out...................................... Pics once I can get my hands on it. :pbj

Dragged it home today!

24_02_02_10_5_55_59.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New Project

Very cool! waiting for pic's!

I keep eyeing your 67 as I restore my 67 fastback, if I end up with the same wheels it's because of your sig pic :)

New Project

"JeffTepper" said:
Pics once I can get my hands on it. :pbj

Fixed it now that you have pics to prove it. :craz

Hey nice find. Does that mean that for Knott's 2011 you will driving it down fully restored with the interior still needing to be finished. :beat fd

FD:

Anything's possible at this point!!!!! We're working up our game plan so we can approach this with some degeree of organization and direction. :ecit

If it turns out even close to being as nice as your fastback, it will still be an awesome Convertible. Even if you do paint it with a Mercedes color. :craz fd

"monkeystash" said:
It sounds like a very nicely optioned Mustang. Congrats on your new project, Jeff.

Ryan:

That's exactly why we pulled the trigger. S code, toploader, A/C equipped convert with solid rockers and even body panel gaps that has been locally owned by one family since 1970 seemed like a good combinatiopn of attributes. Let's hope we didn't miss anything serious!!!

Nice find Jeff! Good Luck with it. Look forward to watching the transformation!

Jeff,
Very cool but WTF (where TF) are you going to put it? What about the Ranchero? I assume this vert has Lynn's name on it?
Cannot wait to see it. Let me know if you need help in getting it secured into it's new home.

Congrats Jeff boy.....I would have thought a classic Jag or Porsche but another Mustang. At least you kept it a 67. Seems to be missing a top......????? Is that in good shape?

Call if you need help moving it.

Sounds like a darn good score, congrats. Can't wait to see some plans for it or pics. If your FB is any indication, it's gonna be drool-worthy when its done. :D

It would look nice in the same shade of burgundy....twin Mustangs?

Back