• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New toy!

"lethal289" said:
how about an engine shot?

Engine shot? :guns I want to see a babe posing with your T/A showing her t&a :yah btw nice find, do you see that patience is rewarded? :pbj

fd

Gee, I go away for a few days and look what happens! , I just knew it was a matter of time before you found that right Trans-Am!! You've been wanting one for a while! That's very nice!! congratulations!!! :thu
dne'

"RustyRed" said:
Bought me a new toy today.

'79 Trans Am with T-tops and 6.6L motor.

Needs a few minor things like new exhaust, front end bushing and a tune up.

However, there is not a single bit of rust on the floor pans...I was amazed really. Trunk pan looks clean enough to eat off of.

Has some surface rust on the frame rails but nothing a good sanding and undercoating won't cure.

Paid for it today and picking it up either later today if I can get there before the shop closes or around lunch time tomorrow. Funny...I've looked high and low for one of these and turns out a guy I know that I used to go to church with ended up selling this one for a friend of his and it's literally 10 minutes from my house. Guy who owns it moved to Canada and needed to sell it...what are the odds of it being literally 10 minutes from my house? Picture taken with my cell phone below.

Best part? Picked it up for just under $8k :yah

129-161110135417.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
"RustyRed" said:
Been busy with a few things...most of yesterday was playing nurse.

However, last night I did get the radiator drained, new hoses on and refilled. Also gave the overflow tank a very overdue cleaning. Today I changed the oil and pulled the air cleaner out to sand off some light surface rust on the inside and repaint. Needless to say it hasn't made it out of the garage yet but here's a fast snap shot of the interior. Few minor cosmetic issues here and there but pretty decent looking all things considered.

Could PLEASE stop posting such ginormous pics.

Having trouble getting more then one picture to upload at a time...

Had it out of the garage today and finally got a chance to get the real camera out.

"RustyRed" said:
Another picture...still can't get more then 1 to upload at a time....

That is the GM auto disconnect built into the site........

Car is looking good.

"AzPete" said:
That is the GM auto disconnect built into the site........

LOL!

I finally figured out exactly which Quadrajet carb is on the car...it's a research project to say the least. Planning on buying the rebuild kit for it. I would just replace it with a Holley or Summit brand carb but this one is original so going to rebuild it. Besides a new carb can cost some $'s and the rebuild kit is around $40...

I have a better picture of the interior but it won't post so screw it.... :shrug

Car looks great! I really like it in white. Q-jets get a bad rap, but they really are good carbs. You'll enjoy rebuilding it; I know I did when I went through the one on my GTO.

"lethal289" said:
So did your wife know about this, or is she about to file the paperwork? :shrug

I like it in white too.

She knows about it and knew about it before I bought it. She's known that I've been looking for one for a while. Even agreed to park on the drive way...score the man cave back to full ownership for me, LOL!

I am half owner of the man cave at my house. You wouldn't believe the brownie points that won making room for her car inside, particularly in the winter or when I'm out of town.

Back