• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

News story....

I hope Mr. disgruntled EX-employee ends up with his nutsack hanging over an electrical wire. [nb]figuratively speaking[/nb]

Um, forget the figuratively speaking, hang those nuts over an electrical wire. Seriously.

How about charging said ex employee with a criminal offense of making a false accusation and with civil penalties to pay for any lost productivity, the expense of the investigation into the false charges, storage fees for the vehicles, and clean-up costs after the cars were returned.

"sigtauenus" said:
How about charging said ex employee with a criminal offense of making a false accusation and with civil penalties to pay for any lost productivity, the expense of the investigation into the false charges, storage fees for the vehicles, and clean-up costs after the cars were returned.

I second that. Jason is quite likely deep into $$$ for this false accusation, and although he likely just wants to move on I'd be going after the ex employee for false accusations. People like that need to be run through the mill to teach them a lesson.

I disagree.

Although no-one is asking for my advice/input, I'd put it behind me and move on. Whenever legal action/lawsuits develop it always involves lawyers. Lawyers tend to "dig up" things that although minor/trivial in nature could lead to bigger problems.

IMO, Jason came away from this and whatever he's learned from it he needs to take steps to make sure it doesn't happen again, but he shouldn't "keep poking a stick at a dieing fire" as it usually tends to re-ignite.

"daveSanborn" said:
I disagree.

Although no-one is asking for my advice/input, I'd put it behind me and move on. Whenever legal action/lawsuits develop it always involves lawyers. Lawyers tend to "dig up" things that although minor/trivial in nature could lead to bigger problems.

IMO, Jason came away from this and whatever he's learned from it he needs to take steps to make sure it doesn't happen again, but he shouldn't "keep poking a stick a dieing fire" as it usually tends to re-ignite.

I agree with Dave. If Jason pursues any legal action against the ex-employee, the only person who wins are the lawyers. Do you really think his ex-employee has any funds or assets worth going after? Let's get real... I bet the ex-employee is living pay check to pay check, and Jason would never see a dime from him.

With that said, I'm really happy for Jason and his crew. It's great to hear this BS did not drive Classic Restorations into the ground. Maybe this incident will help other shop owners, as well as hobbyists, get better definitions for what's legal in car restoration.

Its crazy how involved the US goverment seem to get in this matter.....

Not that we are backward over here but our goverment couldn't care less what you do to a classic car. It makes it easier for me to do what i am doing.

Currently i do not have a Vin plate or any VIN stamped on my car because i have new doors and i also replaced in the inner fender panel......I will just stamp the vin myself and no one will know any different.

"Johnny M" said:
I will just stamp the vin myself and no one will know any different.

That is what so many of the guys doing their own building should do. Sometimes, it is best to keep your mouth shut, read what others have done, and proceed with your own thing. Now, a shop is another thing but they must investigate the options. It has been cussed and discussed so much on so many sites, it is hard to understand how someone can be blind to the possible issues if they are on any sites at all. Hope all continues good in this shop.

"AzPete" said:
It has been cussed and discussed so much on so many sites, it is hard to understand how someone can be blind to the possible issues if they are on any sites at all.

The issue morphs over time, as the various governmental agencies involved change. Add in the differences between states, and it gets pretty fluid.

"apollard" said:
The issue morphs over time, as the various governmental agencies involved change. Add in the differences between states, and it gets pretty fluid.

That is the very reason I feel anyone in a business should check these type things out long before they get into hot water. I also can see where someone may think they have it under control.....until "it" happens. Having the info in writing from the local offices can do wonders for shops.

"AzPete" said:
That is the very reason I feel anyone in a business should check these type things out long before they get into hot water. I also can see where someone may think they have it under control.....until "it" happens. Having the info in writing from the local offices can do wonders for shops.

I spend my days working with local, state, and sometimes federal government.

Good luck getting a decision in writing.

Yep, that can be a problem in some areas. I find that the smaller the town, the easier it is to get things like that plus it is so much easier dealing with people you know personally.

"Johnny M" said:
Its crazy how involved the US goverment seem to get in this matter.....

Not that we are backward over here but our goverment couldn't care less what you do to a classic car. It makes it easier for me to do what i am doing.

Currently i do not have a Vin plate or any VIN stamped on my car because i have new doors and i also replaced in the inner fender panel......I will just stamp the vin myself and no one will know any different.

I think everyone failed to notice that Johnny M is from Ireland, where none of us really know their laws regarding Vehicle Identification Numbers and their alternations/transfers. He may be perfectly within the Irish law.

No, I knew that. I wasn't commenting about his situation....just used a statement as a reference.

"Midlife" said:
I think everyone failed to notice that Johnny M is from Ireland, where none of us really know their laws regarding Vehicle Identification Numbers and their alternations/transfers. He may be perfectly within the Irish law.

That's very true....If i walked into my local registration office and told them i am just after replacing 99% of the sheet metal on my classic car they'd take pity on the amount of work i had to do.

Then again there may be a law regarding it buried deep in our laws but the chances of the police knowing the law or enforcing it is next to none.

I also doubt they would care what a garage would do also...Unless it was some sort of large scale scam like swapping VINs on stolen vehicles but trying to determine the amount of sheet metal you are allowed to replace on a 40 year old car before you have to re- regeister it is just nuts......

Back