• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

next Mustang?...or should we call it a Probe?

I sure hope not. I would prefer to be "baby-stepped" in that direction.

I think it funny that since sales have dropped off one jumps to the conclusion the mustang design has lost favor with the target market. I think it more to do with the average mustang buyer is struggling to keep a roof over his head and gas is north of $4 gallon.

"Horseplay" said:
I think it funny that since sales have dropped off one jumps to the conclusion the mustang design has lost favor with the target market. I think it more to do with the average mustang buyer is struggling to keep a roof over his head and gas is north of $4 gallon.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard. No way a shitty economy will also hit the auto sales.

:sarc

"silverblueBP" said:
Dumbest thing I've ever heard. No way a shitty economy will also hit the auto sales.
Shitty economy? Where? I heard Biden say we were on the path to prosperity.

Pete's '11 model just went up in value...people will be wanting them used instead of buying the new design in a few years.

I kind of like it. I don't think you can retro a car forever. At some point you need something new whose design may be influenced by a classic but isn't trying to recreate for a modern audience. That said I don't think that looks like its been influenced by the classic design. I still think I like it.

I think the current and past versions of the Mustang have run their course. It's time to modernize, slim it down and make it a brute for the next 50 years.

I miss my 94 Probe, it was the first car me and the wife purchased together. Lots of great memories.
Bill

I think that car needs a better name than probe....but not Mustang either. They need a bit of the old on the new....

I don't know why the MII gets such a bad rap. It had a lot of the "classic" Mustang styling cues. After all the first Stang was based on a Falcon.
Anyway, the Foxbody didn't look anything like a "Mustang" but was hugely successful. I don't think I like the new style but I'm not opposed to a new style. As long as it stays RWD and V8

That looks more like a 2dr. Taurus, not bad looking but doesn't scream Mustang or muscle car to me.
Jon

It's basically already been said, but I like it! :thu It's a really cool looking car to add to the Ford line up. Notice I said "ADD"! It's not a Mustang, nothing about even SUGGESTS Mustang. IMHO, EVERY year of Mustang from inception to present has carried forward some small form of past Mustang styling cues. They've killed their fleet sales market by ditching the Crown Vic chassis. They've killed off the Ranger for the small/mid sized truck crowd. Their remaining bread and butter for sales is the full size truck and the Mustang. What next?! Is Ford trying to commit hari kari?! :rant

p.s. Yes, I Taurus is a good seller, but they TRIED to kill it off and replace it with the 500. Thank goodness good sense prevailed there!

"tarafied1" said:
I don't know why the MII gets such a bad rap. It had a lot of the "classic" Mustang styling cues. After all the first Stang was based on a Falcon.
Anyway, the Foxbody didn't look anything like a "Mustang" but was hugely successful. I don't think I like the new style but I'm not opposed to a new style. As long as it stays RWD and V8

+ 1

I was planning on a 2015 buy with the 65 and 90. I may be getting a used pre-'15. I like it but it's not a Mustang. Not now.

Looks like my volvo
su5yby9e.jpg
tujyve2a.jpg

Back