• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

next Mustang?...or should we call it a Probe?

"Ponyman66" said:
Taurus is a good seller, but they TRIED to kill it off and replace it with the 500. Thank goodness good sense prevailed there!
Just marketing....the 500 was rebadged as a Taurus.
The car show 500 was a killer low rider....would have killed the Chrysler 300 with the 'gangsta' crowd.

IMO the new Ford Mustang should be a redesign of the Fox body . :confu :confu

"KBMWRS" said:
Just marketing....the 500 was rebadged as a Taurus.
The car show 500 was a killer low rider....would have killed the Chrysler 300 with the 'gangsta' crowd.

Actually only the 2008 model was a rebadge. Marketing, yes. It gave them the time to clear the production pipeline and retool. The wife wanted a 500 but I was leery of the CVT trans. Gimme gears instead of chains!! It too disappeared!

Didn't care for the 500...don't care for the 300. Both look too much like hoopties IMHO.

"tarafied1" said:
...the Foxbody didn't look anything like a "Mustang" but was hugely successful. I don't think I like the new style but I'm not opposed to a new style. As long as it stays RWD and V8

+1

Build it, and they will come.

V8, rear wheel drive, manual transmission, 2 dr coupe.

Maybe this, with the 5.0 and ecoboost engines, and irs.

2015-Ford-Mustang1.jpeg

"Gigantopithecus" said:
Maybe this, with the 5.0 and ecoboost engines, and irs.

2015-Ford-Mustang1.jpeg

Holy Shit! What do I have to sell, to put that in my driveway? :wor That is bad ass!

As for the concept, if they build it that way I'm sure they will sell the hell out of it, just not to our generation.

Re: Re: next Mustang?...or should we call it a Probe?

"68fastwilliams" said:
Holy Shit! What do I have to sell, to put that in my driveway? :wor That is bad ass!

As for the concept, if they build it that way I'm sure they will sell the hell out of it, just not to our generation.

Which means it'll look nothing like that. I'd sell my 68 project and my truck to get one of those with whatever v8 they cram in it.

"Gigantopithecus" said:
I'd sell my 68 project and my truck to get one of those with whatever v8 they cram in it.
I'm sorry but when any idiot with a job can go out and buy and drive the exact same car as you...your car is not cool and you will tire of it. I've had a couple new GT's over the years and they were great at first and a lot of fun but about the tenth time someone pulled up next to me in a clone I kinda lost the love. The Roush kept it's appeal longer as there was nothing like it around and after adding the supercharger the fun factor got raised but in the end even it lost it's luster.

That has never happened with any of the classics I have owned. Life circumstances and bad decisions may have had me part with them but it was never because I fell out of love. A classic represents something not everyone can have and that adds to their appeal. Even the ones covered in dust in the corner of the garage. Just my opinion.

Explain this to me. :confu Why is a guy with a job, that can buy a car (Mustang) an idiot?

"Horseplay" said:
I'm sorry but when any idiot with a job can go out and buy and drive the exact same car as you...

"Larry G" said:
Explain this to me. :confu Why is a guy with a job, that can buy a car (Mustang) an idiot?

T E R R Y was referring to himself!

I'm a young buck yet, and i hate both versions, sorry but it looks like a frog that was force fed a gallon of lemon juice.

But as craig said keep it RWD with a V8. One of my Mopar buddies couldn't keep his panties on when dodge announced they were making the Dart again. I heard for weeks how mustangs would be a thing of the past, When the Dart's sport option was FWD V6- I laughed, He cried. :nut

"S8NS 289" said:
I'm a young buck yet, and i hate both versions, sorry but it looks like a frog that was force fed a gallon of lemon juice.

But as craig said keep it RWD with a V8. One of my Mopar buddies couldn't keep his panties on when dodge announced they were making the Dart again. I heard for weeks how mustangs would be a thing of the past, When the Dart's sport option was FWD V6- I laughed, He cried. :nut

Did he really think that Chrysler was going to build another RWD V8 powered performance car? :shrug.

"Horseplay" said:
I'm sorry but when any idiot with a job can go out and buy and drive the exact same car as you...your car is not cool and you will tire of it. I've had a couple new GT's over the years and they were great at first and a lot of fun but about the tenth time someone pulled up next to me in a clone I kinda lost the love. The Roush kept it's appeal longer as there was nothing like it around and after adding the supercharger the fun factor got raised but in the end even it lost it's luster.

That has never happened with any of the classics I have owned. Life circumstances and bad decisions may have had me part with them but it was never because I fell out of love. A classic represents something not everyone can have and that adds to their appeal. Even the ones covered in dust in the corner of the garage. Just my opinion.

Yep :thu :thu

"Larry G" said:
I was referring to the guy who walks into a dealership and drives away in a car he now acts like is the baddest thing to hit the streets. Mr Hotrod, if you will. We have all seen him a thousand times. He's the guy who typically slides it into a pole at some point in the first few months of ownership. That idiot.

I guess you kind of missed the whole point of my thought if you got hung up on this first line.

"Horseplay" said:
I was referring to the guy who walks into a dealership and drives away in a car he now acts like is the baddest thing to hit the streets. Mr Hotrod, if you will. We have all seen him a thousand times. He's the guy who typically slides it into a pole at some point in the first few months of ownership. That idiot.

I guess you kind of missed the whole point of my thought if you got hung up on this first line.

You were trying to make a point??

Back