• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

one piece headliner

'66 Coupe could be of interest too......better check in with the finance officer.......lol

I'd love to see one installed. I'm thinking if I were to get one, I'd want to cover it with a thin layer of foam padding and vinyl, even though it's supposed to look like vinyl already.

Frank

OMG! I want one! What's another 4 or 500 hundred bucks at this point! Call em up, tell em to make some for us Stangfixing superfolks!!
dne'

Look for a feature in Mustang Monthly. We could do a link to our how to install that you get when you buy it , if that would help. Rich.

I'm in the process of doing the same thing but with the new style foam and fabric for my 65. I am hoping to make it one of many winter projects.

The cost is much more reasonable, like less than $100.

I think plastic would look like crap personally, so If I did one of those in the coupe, I would have to cover it first then install it. I'm good though because SWMBO likes the stock headliner and since the 67 is really hers, the stock one stays.

Mel

We have a 68 roof from the coupe to fastback conversion that we did and we will be using it to make the headliner mold. We also have a 65 fastback that we are using to make the mold off of it. We thought originally the 65-6 would be the same as the 67-8 but there is a difference. We just installed a headliner yesterday and we will take some pics and post it. If you look at the ABS headliner outside compared to vinyl you can't tell the difference. The quality is that good. You won't achieve the same results with foam and vinyl because we have taken the time and effort to sculpture this headliner around the sun visors to give it a more modern look. Our biggest seller is the one with the built in console.

What holds it up?

Hi, Michelle wrote me back saying ya'll should have the coupe headliner conversion (67-68) ready in several months? I'm terribly excited about this upgrade! Did you do the one for the Mustang Mystique? It was '68 fb build produced by Chop Cut Rebuild? It was the first time I had seen a one piece headliner, and after that, I searched and searched, but couldn't find hide nor hair of where they got it! They even replaced the entire metal dash with a fiberglass or ABS dash! Well, how will we know when you get them ready? Will you put those interested on a list?
How does it install, what holds the pieces up?
thanks!
dne'

"Kats66Pny" said:
If I start saving now.. I might have enough saved up to get one when they are ready. :pbj

Is this after the wiring and rust repair? What new job are you getting....?

"AzPete" said:
Is this after the wiring and rust repair? What new job are you getting....?

I was being sarcastic. :lol We can't even afford to pay our mortgage anymore so I won't be buying Gertrude anything for a long long time. She'll probably be a total rust bucket by the time I can fix her. :eek:mg

Do you think you could incorporate a better looking, more functional overhead lighting into the headliner, maybe indirect lighting? I hate to put that little cheapy round light into something so nice looking!
dne'

Kat, think long term!!

Not highjacking this thread, just had something to say to Kat~

Kat, I don't think there's a soul here on Stangfix that doesn't want their project up and looking its best in no time flat! It's so easy to become enthused to spend what we don't have on these old cars, and expect none of "investment" back! it's not an investment, an investment mentally, but finacially NOT! Then also think "long term" and "wittle" on things, small things, have a garage sale to generate some small funds. You've already made some extraordinary progress and demonstrated great mechanical skills, and another fact, your mustang does run and gets you from point A to B. So, get the lawn chairs out, sip on a cold one, and enjoy the company of your husband and your classic! Sometimes I just sit out in the garage and just admire what I've done, knowing it's pretty much a neverending thing, even when it's "done"! Another thing, work on your garage, make room, organize, go to swap meets(just for fun, don't spend). Come to Houston, visit me! lol :craz
your Mustang pal!
dne'

"Kats66Pny" said:
I was being sarcastic. :lol We can't even afford to pay our mortgage anymore so I won't be buying Gertrude anything for a long long time. She'll probably be a total rust bucket by the time I can fix her. :eek:mg

The headliner is a really nice, innovative design. It should become a high demand product for some afficianados and the price is reasonable in my opinion given what appears to be a quality alternative vs. the stock setup. Can't wait to see the coupe version in all of its anticipated glory.

Back