• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Other hobbies?

"RapidRabbit" said:
let me guess, single digit hours at best right? We usually get out on the boat 2-3 times a week.
I think we can wait a couple years to get back to it.
13 over two years. SAD, we used to do 100+ a year. Looking forward to getting back out, likely more as he gets older. Until he wants the keys, that is :scar

I collect vintage, pre-war baseball cards. Just certain issues/sets though.

I also like doing stained glass work.

I like home remodeling. In fact im in the middle of a complete bathroom redo. I also like wood working. Except that both of these are totally messy, i find it relaxing to get involved with a large project.

I'm into cars, all that computer-related junk, electronics (the build it yourself from scratch kind), home and car stereo stuff, and I like to occasionally play at being a recording engineer...*that* is probably the only hobby I've found yet that is more expensive than hotrodding.

I'm also into diesels, I'm on a pulling tractor team every now and again...good googly, that is stupid expensive.

Once upon a time, I did CAD for fun and had a hand in a few inventor's projects. A couple of months as a Mechanical Engineering student cured me of that hobby though. :rofl

I take Aikido classes twice a week and make it to the shooting range every once in a blue moon but Mustangs are my main money pit hobby.

I've been playing one of the games on the boys' Xbox (Tom Clancy - Ghost Recon 2) lately and should have the whole game beat this evening.

Haven't touched my golf clubs or fishing rod in years but my step dad keeps asking if I want to go with him next time he takes his boat out to either the lake or the jetties down on the coast.

I've also been known to do a lot of family history research from time to time as well, just haven't had the time for it lately. It's interesting though, I've traced one line back through Plymouth to England in the 1600's.

"lethal289" said:
I like home remodeling. In fact im in the middle of a complete bathroom redo. I also like wood working. Except that both of these are totally messy, i find it relaxing to get involved with a large project.
hmmmmmm, I sure could use your help with my trashed basement!

I have 2 teenage girls... I don't even have time for a Mustang hobby....

Once in a while I sneak out and shred some trails on my dirt bike though :)

"midpack" said:
I have 2 teenage girls... I don't even have time for a Mustang hobby....

I can relate to that, except I have twin 8 1/2 year old boys. They take up a lot of time

"midpack" said:
Once in a while I sneak out and shred some trails on my dirt bike though :)
What kind of bike do you have? I have an 06 CRF 450. Been racing motocross for 15 years. This past summer is the first year I failed to make it out to a race :cry. Being busy all the time sucks

"RyanG85" said:
What kind of bike do you have? I have an 06 CRF 450. Been racing motocross for 15 years. This past summer is the first year I failed to make it out to a race :cry. Being busy all the time sucks

I have a 78 husky 360 and an 87 husky 430. I haven't been on either of them for 11 or 12 years.

"RyanG85" said:
Heck, you've been to my house then!! Or pretty dang close I'm guessing...
I live right next to MX338 I'm guessing anybody that MX'd for 15 years has been to the area Nat's! I can see the main gate from my backyard. Is Rome anywhere near Albany? I rode the CATRA Hare scramble there one year, I recall some pretty good trails
I started racing Hare Scrambles and Enduro's in my late 30'searly 40's (50 now, yikes)... not all that well I'm afraid but all my buddies were giving it up and I wanted the rides, hence "midpack"...
Right now I have a KTM 400EXC all street legal in the garage with spiked Trellies mounted up. Hopefully I'll get at least one perfect trail day like last year... If you ever winter rode, you know what I mean

I'm a little over an hour west of Albany. Believe it or not, I've never made it to Southwick. I would probably love it there though because our local sand track is one of my favorites. I try to make it to Unadilla to spectate and Broome Tioga when they had the Nationals. I'll be in Atlanta and Daytona for the Supercross. On my 96 CR250, I loaded the lugs of the Dunlop 752's up with sheet metal screws and hit the snowmobile trails. Low snow conditions with frozen ground made for some wicked riding. Way better traction than dirt! Other than freezing your nuts off, its pretty wicked riding!

Other hobbies include woodworking and soccer refereeing. I spend most of my hobby hours on refereeing, so that makes my mustang one of the "other" hobbies (hence my handle).

Reffing also occasionally makes me money, which my mustang has yet to do.

Paintball is a semi-hobby at this point (you wouldn't think it by all the guns and equipment I have), but I'm trying to get into it more. My car keeps me too poor for much else, heh.

Back