• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Prostate cancer

FordDude

Well-Known Dude
Staff member
I have been getting a yearly physical exam since I hit my 40's. In January of '11 my PSA was just above the normal range. Normal is less than 4.0, I was at 4.2. So I got referred to a urologist. So we continued to monitor my PSA level that continued to rise. The end of October I had my 4th needle biopsy. Last Thursday I got the results and it was positive. That is all that I remember from that appointment. From that little bit of reading that I have been doing since there are grading levels, I do not know mine. What is next for me are more tests. On Monday a CT scan, on Wednesday a bone scan. So by the end of the week I should be glowing, both tests involve injecting radioactive stuff in me. Not sure when my next appointment is with the urologist, I will assume after he gets the results of the tests. I did get the feeling that they were putting some priority on my testing, the Dr. after giving me the results took me to see another person in a office down the hall to schedule my next tests. I am a positive person and with that positive attitude I want to think that we caught this early because it is very treatable. I will update this when I know more.

fd

My Dad went 18 years or so after surgery....then died at 84 from skin cancer he had all his life....so the prostate was never an issue. This was back when they said one was lucky to make 5 years after discovery. Good luck.

Sorry to hear the news Tim, but I'm sure you'll pull through.

OK, do the shake-n-bake and get through this, Tim!

My prayers are with you!

Lots of fluids!!!!

Mel

Tim,
This is no way to get sympathy from this group. You WILL be just fine. Man up! Now, let's talk about this nasty hangnail I have. I'm thinking of going to emergency tonight. Anyone feel for me?

But seriously, we hope this passes you like a stone.

Craig

Tim,

Sorry to hear the news.

Hopefully they caught it early and you get to keep your balls. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear, Tim.
Do what your doctors say to do and get this sucker done and over with.
Keep us all informed.
We all care for you, bud.
Good luck.

Sorry to hear about this, keep your head up. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Hey Tim,
I'm sure you're worried it's only natural. But as everyone has already said, early detection is a great sign. I'm sure you'll be just fine.
Someone has to be the regular thong poster :thum

You do realize that had you not given up your need for speed and changed that gawd awful avatar, this would have never happened...right?

It'll work out for the good. Positive thoughts. Be grateful that you're not a kept man spending your time cooking and cleaning in a house frock all day.

Oh crap I broke the CT machine :hs I have the IV in my arm waiting for another machine to do the CT scan.

index.php

fd

Attachments

• IVa.jpg
    IVa.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 156
Good Luck Tim...you know we're all behind you...wait that didn't come out right.

Back