• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Prostate cancer

Sorry to hear Tim. Hopefully all goes well with the treatment.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4

Great strides have been made in prostate cancer control--my old boss opted to have his removed--he says the key for surgery is go to the best surgeon available--(he went to Mayo Clinic in Minnesota) so nerve damage is minimal--he never had incontinence issues and he said the sensation was still there during sex just no fluid present--I said to him after your child producing years the fluid is just a un-needed mess. Hope it works out for the best---your options are more now for sure--I have not read enough about the "freezing" treatment to voice an opinion.--

The results are in from my CT and Bone scans. The cancer has not spread to any other parts of my body. That is a good thing. So now for the treatment. They can cut the prostate out, implant some "radioactive seeds", or go in for radioactive treatment. The next doctor will be contacting me for yet another consultation on procedure options. I am opting for the radioactive treatment. Going in 5 times a week for 8 weeks to "nuke" me to kill the cancer. So basically this is good news, but I will have to monitor this for months and years down the line. After my appointment today with my urologist he recommended that we (the SWMBO was with me) go down to medical records and get a CD of my scans and the report for the next doctor. I am not a medical person, so reading the report is close to reading Greek to me, but there is conformation of the back and shoulder pain that I sometimes have. I do thank everyone for your kind words and support. I will update this again after my next appointment which should be the first week of December.

Thanks for the update, the results sounds promising, keep your head up we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I told you if you changed that avatar it would all turn out OK!

"silverblueBP" said:
I told you if you changed that avatar it would all turn out OK!

I changed it because my Steelers defence has finally woke up.

fd

Tim, I have a friend who worked for me at the prison. He had the prostate cancer and chose the treatment you are leaning toward.

I have to tell you it wiped him out. He lost a bunch of weight And had little or no energy! I had to take his equipment from him and make him sit in my office, while I did his job. I sent him home a couple times.

My advice is do not over do it! Do everything you doc tells you to! Even if you don't want to make sure to eat. It isn't always important what just as long as you are getting calories!

Good luck my friend!

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

There is always that 420 card that John suggested. :beer

I talked with work and they are very understanding of my situation. The owners dad also had prostate cancer.

fd

Hang in there, Tim. You'll be ok and this too will pass....

Went through all this about a year ago and after consulting with several doctors I had my prostate removed by da vinci robotic surgery. Not a fun thing and a small percentage of patients can have really ugly side effects. I elected to do the surgery because I was told this was the only way to positively get rid of the cancer and keeping it from spreading if the radiation happened to not work. Supossed to be a few day process (if done right) performed by a robot through small slits in your groin area. During surgery the robot nicked an artery and I almost bleed to death, spent 4 days in ICU and a week and a half in the hospital. The WORST part was having to use a catiter for a six weeks. Normaly its only needed for a week but because of the complications with my surgery I had to have it longer. It REALLY sucks and was much worse than the surgery. After a few months everything was back to normal and everything still works like before. No Depends! :barf As Cancer goes there are a lot worse types to get. If you have any questions about this process PM me and I will let you know how it all played out. You will beat this!Good Luck

JBauer4363

Well my adventure is about to continue. I start radiation treatment at 3:30. That is 3:30 every weekday for the next 8 to 9 weeks...

fd

Will your "boys" start to glow at night? :dun Seriously, hope it goes well for you Tim. Remember, if a pretty nurse (female that is) walks buy.....

It will wipe you out, so keep you caloric intake up!

A good friend that worked for me at the prison had it and tried to work through it. He almost made it, I only had to send him home a couple times. I did have him sit in my office while I did his job.

Tim, I do hope all goes well, just ramp up now. If there are any supplements they recommend take them. also Mushroom extract under your tongue daily! Um, I forgot to tell you to drink pomegranate juice three times a day. One quart each time for two weeks before you start. Sorry, too late now.

Again, I hope all goes well, I will keep you in my prayers!

Mel

Back