• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Put my dog down last Thursday

Another trip to the vet that i thought wasnt coming for a few more years. Our old cat Milo called it a day after 17 years and 4 months. We thought she was going to live forever, but i noticed on the weekend she couldnt shit, so off to the vet and a dose of painkillers and advice to take her home and keep an eye on her. Painkillers worked and she pushed out a turd and seemed quite happy. Got up yesterday and went downstairs and the smell of cats piss was overpowering. She had wandered around during the night and was dribbling pee as she went. When we mopped it up we noticed blood spots, so back to the vet who confirmed her kidneys were giving up. Eveeryone had said their goodbyes as we knew what was coming and we werent gonna make her suffer. So cheers Milo, old mate and enjoy your time in cat heaven eating ice cream and Vegemite to your hearts content.

Sorry Scedd. Though they are not children...they are awfully close. They play such a close role in the family and will be sorely missed. Sorry for your loss my brother.

That's hard to take when you've had them for that long. We had a black cat that lived to be about 15. She liked to sit where I could just barely see her in the corner of my eye. After she passed, I would still see her sitting there, but when I turn to look, she was gone. This went on for a couple of months, until I got used to the fact that she was really gone.

That's hard to take when you've had them for that long. We had a black cat that lived to be about 15. She liked to sit where I could just barely see her in the corner of my eye. After she passed, I would still see her sitting there, but when I turn to look, she was gone. This went on for a couple of months, until I got used to the fact that she was really gone.
Same here. It's been months since I had to put down my 17 yr old cat and I still think I see her under my desk. I still haven't moved her pillow.

I have avoided reading this thread... but I couldn't sleep tonight so here I am. I have had many pets in my almost 50 years. Yeah, it won't be long the wife will have to put me down too.
But every one is hard to lose. I feel for all of you that have shared your stories. Like one of you said, they are not our children but they are family, friends...
We have have several cats. My kids keep rescuing them. I enjoy them as they all have unique personalities. We lost two last year. They were indoor/outdoor cats. Male. Fighters. Even after being "fixed". They would come home torn to shreds. Heal up, then do it again. Eventually they just wouldn't come home. No closure that way but we know they died. Probably a gruesome death and laid out, lonely and in pain. I hate to think about it but they refused to stay home. Would piss on the fridge or something if we wouldn't let them out. They knew I would chuck them out. Smart little things. I miss em though.

Last edited:
Back