• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Question: Will this site put up with chevy engine in Mustang builds?

Okay, you said this in reply #3 of this thread
And yes, if you go to a vintage car forum, and start a build thread with anything else than that brands engine you are just looking for attention, and a fight.

Then this...
Talking about truck swapping engines is way different than swapping a Ford engine into a vette, or camero. Also, you wasn't talking about swapping a FORD engine into the chebby truck either, you spoke about a Cummings engine, not the same.

I told you that a classic Chevy truck forum has a section just for diesel swaps. Yes they are trucks not cars but vintage/classic CHEVY trucks. To guy who is passionate about his classic Chevy truck, It is the same.
then you asked this...
Same for a Dodge Hemi Challenger, with someone doing a chebby swap in a Mopar forum? What purpose would it serve, and how would it be received?

Okay, my example isn't a car and it isn't a Ford engine but here are direct quotes from a Vintage CHEVY forum
question by original poster...
Ok, quick question for you guys. As I'm finalizing the items for my conversion, I've come up with a question....

I'm looking at leveraging the entire 94 Dodge driveline for the swap, this means going with the Dodge NP241DLD transfer case.
answer by another poster on a CHEVY forum...
I used the entire dodge drivetrain in my truck (12v/nv4500/241dld/d60/d80) Now my truck is a 97, so I have an electronic speedometer.
To answer your question, what purpose would it serve? he was asking for advice. How will it be received? Well some one else on a Chevy classic truck forum had done it already and shared his experience. No one, not one person through a fit that guys are sharing details on swapping entire Dodge drivetrain including engines and electronics and axles and whatever else into a classic 67-72 CHEVY on a forum called 67-72Chevytruck.com Not late model Dodge swap forum.com

I'm not trying to piss you off. I have said I respect your opinion and I understand your point of view about not liking it but I disagree with you that people only do it to piss others off. Yes it happens and yes that is why some do it. If that was the case on the VMF thread the mods would have locked it.
As I said before, it pains me that the LSX motor is so good and the Cummins is also the diesel of choice. But as a Ford guy we have almost always been the underdog and I am proud to have a Ford powered Mustang.
I'm not trying to change your opinion on whether it should be done. I am not even trying to get you to accept it on VMF or here. I only wish to share with you my point of view that it's not worth worrying about.
You yourself have an Eleanor car. Wouldn't you like to have a place to share it? But yet you said you don't on VMF because of the potential to have controversy. I feel the same way but it's not right that a forum (a place to discuss things) has a section for mod and custom Mustangs and yet if that modification doesn't fit some prescribed format it can't be shared. No Eleanor mods, no engines of other makes, no cars with cup holders, no cars made from a dynacorn body, on and on I could go. It's a vintage Mustang forum with a place to discuss mods and customization. If he had a Chevy is better attitude and he posted in the concur section, then yeah I would get it. If he posted his build in some one else's thread, maybe even that is pushing it, but he posted his build in his own thread and appears to be respectful of Mustangs.
I would prefer that Ford had an engine that EVERYONE wanted to stuff into everything but they don't. Even the 5.4 GT motor or Coyote won't fit in anything "classic" without chopping it up and some Mustang purists are clearly against cutting up an original Mustang.
I'm trying to listen to you and understand and sympathize with your point of view. Just playing devil's advocate I guess...
Have a safe and Happy New Year! Peace :thum

If its over 30 years old you don't have to convert to right hand drive here in Australia but I wouldn't leave Frankenstang LHD in a pink fit. In certain Mustang circles I am now an outcast because I am not original but I don't give a rats arse.
I also feel sorry for those who are blinded by their tunnel vision.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

I can't help myself! I really don't know why I'm so curious about this Chevy LSX into a Mustang thing but I joined the forum hybrid pony just to see what's the deal with these guys. I found the link on the VMF thread in question. Anyway, I was reading some of the builds to see what's involved and ran across this comment...
Oct 7, 2013 at 4:16pm
Quote like Post Options
Post by Hybrid Pony on Oct 7, 2013 at 4:16pm
i love the amount of butt hurt from the ford crowd and GM crowd when it comes to swapped mustangs....its the motor the SBF guys wish they had and the chassis GM guys wish they had...LOL

I could be wrong but it would seem that these guys are NOT brand loyal... to either Ford or Chevy. :dun
The guy who posted it would obviously be the type of guy that offends you as he seems to enjoy upsetting the Ford Crowd, and the Chevy guys too.
I get that, I do. I love cars. trucks... toys (toys with wheels for the perverts, Craig), so I hate the nasty comments. I grew up a Ford nut in a town that was full of Chevy lovers and got bullied in school, yes bullied because I like Fords. Maybe that's why this subject bothers me a little bit. I don't know...

"scedd" said:
If its over 30 years old you don't have to convert to right hand drive here in Australia but I wouldn't leave Frankenstang LHD in a pink fit. In certain Mustang circles I am now an outcast because I am not original but I don't give a rats arse.
I also feel sorry for those who are blinded by their tunnel vision.

I think it's really cool and would like to see a build thread on how you did it all. I couldn't say that when we were running for COTM you know :yah but now that I won, let's see more! really!

I found the pics of the Ford powered Chevy. It was Antlerfeind's group of buddy's that built it.
283179_1878286602481_5388875_n.jpg

283179_1878286642482_4893273_n.jpg

This Camaro has a 351 Windsor Ford engine, Ford top loader 4 speed and Ford 9" rear. It has a sign on that says when I grow up I want to be a Mustang. It's called the "Fomaro"

not that long ago I got an 80 Camaro for free with no engine and I seriously thought about putting one of my Ford engines in it to drag race it. I just would rather have a Mustang so it wouldn't have been worth the effort to me.
425702_2758934978140_873095470_n.jpg

it went to the crusher :whis

"cmayna" said:
"tarafied1" said:
one more point and I will shut up,

Promises, promises LOL

Tapayakin' from my iphone
Funny--I was just kind of laughing inside thinking the same thing--lol. I do the same thing. Can't shut up. Kind of have to have the last word. Don't know when to bow out gracefully. Just know when to let it go and move on. Know when to keep my mouth shut. When enough is enough said.

"RapidRabbit" said:
I personally don't see the point in put ting a Chevy engine in a Ford, but I don't see any reason why it should be a huge controversy. Rat rods and hot rods mix and match engines all the time. The LS swaps seem to be very popular right now. There are guys on my Infiniti forum putting them in g35s. No one has a problem with it. Im not Ford loyal. I love the mustang, but wouldn't put a Chevy engine it. But if I got my hands on a nice classic Volvo, I'd think nothing of throwing in a different brand motor.

I think everyone on here is pretty great about each others ideas and projects. I'm sure there are many people who hate the idea of me or anyone else putting a modern efi motor in a classic mustang, but it's all about personal preference.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I've seen LS powered Nissan 240sx's Holy crap. If I still had my S14, I'd be all over a LS swap.

Looks like there really aren't any true Ford guys anymore. I've had a few send me PMs agreeing with me, but I guess we are now the minority.

Thanks for setting me straight.

After digesting the jest of this thread, I hope you stick around and post your Mustang project. Guys on the old chevy truck forum I belong to would love to see such a modification, but yes under their breath you would probably also hear "....nice motor. Now he needs to change the chassis and body". LOL

I don't agree with your definition of a "True Ford" person. I think if you believe that only one make of car is any good and there are no redeeming qualities in any other brand you are not being "true" but are suffering from tunnel vision. There wouldn't be too many out there who only have one brand in there driveway.
I have a Toyota 4wd, a GM sedan and a mustang, with the first two chosen for being the best to suit my needs at the time of purchase.

"70 StangMan" said:
"Teebone" said:
I like muscle cars Ford Chevy or Chrysler..don't matter which. By the way I also own a Corvette great driving machine
I agree Vinny...I Love Ford muscle cars and appreciate all other makes of muscle car....just don't mix'em up.

+3 Cross breeding is wrong on so many levels. Remember what they say anybody can build a Chevy, but it takes a real man to build a Ford. :yah

I always figured it's their car so they can do what they want with it.

That said, I've looked at Mustangs with Chevy motors in them in the past and took a pass opting not to buy for that reason alone. Some thing though with Trans Ams....I've seen many with a Chevy 350 in them and wouldn't buy them. However, that has more to do with shaker issues and not wanting the shaker attached to the hood with rivets like some I've seen.

I am not a die hard fan of one auto brand over another just my general opinion that if I have a Ford it should have a Ford motor and if I have a Chevy it should have a Chevy motor, etc.

"70_Fastback" said:
I'm going to put one of my Hemi's in my fastback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I found an awesome built 5.9 Hemi, I actually thought if I could afford the 1000 HP beast, I could put it in the 65...

Alas, it is super expensive and I just can't do it.

Mel

Back