• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

R Mustangs in San Francisco???

He pulled the same shit on me, one excuse after another, after a month I had enough of excuses, eBay did good by me. :yah
He even offered to refund the shipping cost, I told him just as long as I got the item that would not be necessary but I never got it. Sounds so familiar, doesn't it.
I was real happy when I won the bid $440 bucks pretty good price, I thought. Maybe to good?

Hope everything works out for you with him.

yeah, me too. I paid full "Buy-It-Now" price because his add said it would ship in 48 hours and I didn't want to mess around. Still waiting! Hope your new deal works out better!!!

It's the first week of June so about 6 weeks. My biggest issue is I'm never home. When I am home I have honey-do list so working on the car is limited.

Added to your honey do list will be replacing the 3rd member in your Mustang one of these days when you return home. :)

"B67FSTB" said:
I bought my third member by :
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tj1141/m.html?h ... 4340.l2562
I am happy with it.
Or do you need a complete rear end ?
I have a dif from TJ and it needs to come out and reset. It makes quite a bit of noise under acceleration. He offered to reset it but by the time I pay for shipping both ways it will be cheaper to do it locally. From now on I will only have rear end work done locally.

"Larry G" said:
Added to your honey do list will be replacing the 3rd member in your Mustang one of these days when you return home. :)
Yes!
"68EFIvert" said:
... From now on I will only have rear end axle work done locally.
Me too, in fact I will just do it myself.

I sure hope I don't need to put on the mankini and take a trip to SF...........

But seriously, if this schmuck is pulling such stunts, why is ebay allowing him to stay active? Why on earth would he want to jepordize his standings?

What is his ebay name?

A lot of the people who get taken by deals like this cling to the hope they will either get their money back or the piece they paid for so they are very reluctant to post negative feedback so long as they get fed promises by the seller. They don't want to make the thief mad...as sad as that sounds. They allow themsleves to be strung along until the point Ebay will not assist them to recover their money.
Not saying that is the case here just what sometimes happens. Hopefully, karma always catches up with these guys.

his eBay name is "r_mustangs" or least that is the one I bought from. Not sure about Larry but it is the same guy.
He emailed and said he dropped it off but last night the tracking number still shows nothing.

"tarafied1" said:
his eBay name is "r_mustangs" or least that is the one I bought from. Not sure about Larry but it is the same guy.
He emailed and said he dropped it off but last night the tracking number still shows nothing.

Sometimes tracking numbers show up blank for up to 24 hrs. I hope this is the case for you.

I really hope something shows up on that tracking # for you Craig.

He also told me he was dropping it off at UPS and I checked the tracking # everyday for over a week and nothing. :wtf
I deleted all the emails I had from him but soon after eBay settled with me the name he was using was off eBay, which I don't remember.
I did get my money back and it did come from his account through PayPal, so I'm really not sure what or if he was trying to pull something. :confu
I may have received the item if I would have waited another month or so but I wasn't willing to do that.

If you read his feedback from Q4 last year into early this year you will find MANY similar tales. He posted a number of explanations that all mainly said "got real busy and couldn't keep up". The problem I would have giving him the benefit of the doubt is all the stories and misrepresentations of having shipped items, etc.

in all fairness, this dude sounds like a complete tool. However, my wife sells many things on ebay. A few months ago she shipped a rather large (read expensive) package with tracking. It was never tracked until it was delivery confirmed at the recipients address. She always ships next day after people pay. It took extra time (maybe 2 - 3 weeks) to get there as it was lost or something, The people were pissed, saying we never sent it, then one day it was there. All fault belonged to the shipping service. It was never entered in to tracking the entire time until delivery.

Not saying that is what is happening in this case, but it is possible.

Good luck craig, i hope you get your stuff.

I did some searching on eBay and my seller was "brandonwalsh66" and is no longer registered on eBay. His PayPal account name was the same as Craig's, Richard Mori.

Hope everything works out, unfortunately there's no shortage of these types out there.

I went through a fellow in NC name of [deleted by Midlife...due to rules of not naming competition]. Good communication, no complaints:

[deleted - URL]

edited to add: Sorry Mid - won't happen again. Will pay closer attention in future.

Thanks but it actually arrived late yesterday. I am so glad. I know he jerked me around but it does "look" like he used new parts. I broke my foot Monday so I haven't had a chance to really inspect it yet.

"tarafied1" said:
Thanks but it actually arrived late yesterday. I am so glad. I know he jerked me around but it does "look" like he used new parts. I broke my foot Monday so I haven't had a chance to really inspect it yet.
Yeah!!! About the part not your foot. I didn't think this one would end this way.

Back