• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sad news! War takes Fixer!

This is tragic news on so many levels. I signed his guest book. I know the song has a different meaning, but the title keeps popping into my head "Only the Good die young" RIP Sam.

fd

Sad news indeed... been reading his threads for years it's a shame he's been taken from so many that enjoy his presence. RIP Sam...

I am speechless as well. I knew Sam decently - even bought parts from him for my '70. This really makes me feel sick to my stomach. My prayers (and I'm not one to pray) go to his family.

I feel lucky to have a "part" of Sam out in my Garage.

RIP my friend.

I knew Sam. He'd stop by my place on his drive between Va. Beach and MCB Camp Leguene. This is hitting me pretty hard. I need to find out the EXACT details of the funeral services.

I'll have approx. 15-20 active/retired Marines here in the bar tomorrow night and we will be raising our glasses in his rememberance. I'm gonna need a lot more whiskey....

RIP Sam.

I knew that you and Sam got together quite a bit Dave. Deeply sorry to hear about this.
As J says, I too have a box of goodies in my garage from Sam. He sent me some stuff for the drag car before heading out.
I've been trying to look into it and it seems maybe a burial next Monday and then some type of memorial service in January. Next week might be a little early for most of us but I'm keeping Jan open if something does happen. I'd love to drive the Stang out if more of us can too, either way what ever any one finds out, let us know.

Sigma Tau Gamma, Penn State

My nickname there - Enus

Thus, sigtauenus. I've used this for email and log-ins since college and have never once experienced "that username is already taken" when signing up for something.

Just going thru some of his post and ran across this one..as well as him coming home from this deployment and buying some land and a cabin for his family and a promise to make next years MBB. So sad.

I read about this this morning. So sad about it. I never interacted much with him, but always thought highly of him. A true hero.

Just came across the thread. My first thought was, NO! not "our" Sig!!!! As been previously said, it's like I too have been kicked in the gut. Sam and I occasionally traded comments on threads here and over on VMF in past years. I never had the honor to meet him in person though. What a tragic loss to his family, friends and the Mustang community. My thoughts and prayers prayers go out tonight. God speed!

I guess a lot of my issue with the loss of Sam is not that he has passed but more how unexpectedly he passed. If he had developed some major illness over a long time which had warned us of an upcoming issue, so be it. But to be taken away from us and his family so suddenly......that hurts.

"cmayna" said:
I guess a lot of my issue with the loss of Sam is not that he has passed but more how unexpectedly he passed. If he had developed some major illness over a long time which had warned us of an upcoming issue, so be it. But to be taken away from us and his family so suddenly......that hurts.
I know over 4.000 families have had to go thru this in the last 8 years but seeing his 2 boys and wife and parents in the video and knowing that he was a member of our "family" just rips my guts out.

Wow such sad news! May God bless him and his family. I am his age (plus one year) I couldn't imagine leaving my young family so soon.

Thanks for the sacrifice, it's just not fair.

I couldn't post the first time I read this, too sick to my stomach thinking of his young boys. I never got to converse with him but always read his posts as his personality came through them. He was one of the members I was looking forward to meeting at MBB one year or elsewhere. I will miss his presence here, God speed Sam.
Jon

Damn. Been out for a while. Only knew Sam through the forum, but developed a liking for him and respected him. As someone else said, his personality came through. God keep his family, and God speed Sam.

I have been off the forums for awhile working on projects in the house for the wife. I felt a tug to get online tonight, now I guess this was why? So sad, Sam sounds like a great man, and a hero. My thoughts and prayers for his family in their ultimate loss.

Back