• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shag's new stance

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
With the suggestions of others and especially John of OpentrackerRacingProducts, I finally took the plunge and cut 1/4 of a coil off the front 620's resulting in a drop of 1/2" (sorry John, I told you 3/4") and now the middle of all 4 fenders are exactly 24 1/2" from the ground. Yes, the fronts were 1/2+ higher than the rear.

I might have been able to cut 1/3rd coil off resulting in a slight rake but am very happy with the results as it stands. I hope it doesn't affect the alignment too much but I will need to consider readjusting the headlamps again.

4_02_10_10_11_13_10.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Turned out sweet. :10
I think that extra bit of coil would have made it look better though. I like a slight rake on them myself.
Bill

It does look better, but I also agree that a bit more will be best.

But...it's your car. Set it to YOUR liking, we'll make fun of it either way.

If later I feel that I need to chop a little bit more, no problem. All I need is a couple hours, 2-3 beers and wholaa!!

"Starfury" said:
Looks great, Craig! Makes me feel good about cutting my coils when I get a chance:)

+1

Looks great to me. I'll have to find level ground and take some measurements. At least the springs are easy to take out.

Frank

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
+1

Looks great to me. I'll have to find level ground and take some measurements. At least the springs are easy to take out.

Frank

Frank, Just think, we could have a coil cutting party this winter. You, KBMWRS and whoever.

I like the stance of your car. It might look a little better if the front were lower. I don't think it would be worth the trouble unless you needed to have the front end apart again for another reason.

What rear springs did you go with? What are size tires all around?

That's how I'm feeling right now. I'll just drive it for awhile and if I really want it lowered more, I'll just crank up the stereo for a couple hours and rip through it. Will say it is nice tearing apart a car that is freshly restored. All the bolts and nuts are very cooperative.

4.5 mideye leafs in back. 225/50/16's on all 4 corners.

"cmayna" said:
Frank, Just think, we could have a coil cutting party this winter. You, KBMWRS and whoever.

I may be in too, but that is really low on the list.

Craig is this a new suspension and coils? The springs will settle after a bit of driving if they are new. Something to consider before cutting again. Lovin the new stance though! :5

"buening" said:
Craig is this a new suspension and coils? The springs will settle after a bit of driving if they are new. Something to consider before cutting again. Lovin the new stance though! :5

I believe he's already driven it well over 100 miles...the springs should have settled in by now.

"buening" said:

Agree with Midlife 100%. being as young and naive as you seem to be I'll excuse you (don't get use to it). With 1k miles on Shag, I really don't think it will settle any more than after the first 100+ miles applied to it.

Back