• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shag's new stance

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
looks good!

now that the ride height issue has been settled, have you decided on a steering wheel yet?? :wm?

I think he is waiting for his wife's input based on her driving experience....

Just last night she said "Honey, can you please buy a light blue terry cloth steering wheel cover for the Mustang? I don't want to
develop callus's when I'm doing 4 G's around the corners up in the mountains." "Oh and Honey? you might want to put more gas
in the car for me".

Do they make women's racing gloves? :rp

"cmayna" said:
Just last night she said "Honey, can you please buy a light blue terry cloth steering wheel cover for the Mustang? I don't want to
develop callus's when I'm doing 4 G's around the corners up in the mountains." "Oh and Honey? you might want to put more gas
in the car for me".

thats why i bought a 69. mine can't reach the pedals or see over the dash :lol

"cmayna" said:

Sure do!

001352A_1_lg.jpg

pic_sizechart_sparco_gloves.jpg

They do make them but that's probably not what your wife is looking for. Your wife prob wants driving gloves with the fingers cut off them.

I finally got a pair for my wife, and all it took was a trip to Florence, Italy! they weren't that bad (29 euros) but the handling charges were through the roof!

I snap a pic of them and post it late tonight or tomorrow....

Looks good Craig. I wouldn't lower the stance anymore than you already have for in my opinion it will negatively affect handling. Most of a vehicles handling characteristics are directly attributed to successsful weight transfer. When the nose of a car is lower than the rear, front to rear weight transfer is significantly reduced... which causes a car to "plow" through corners. Keep it as close to level as possible and you'll be happier with how it handles.

"cmayna" said:
Good point Dave. With manual steering, I do NOT want to shift more weight forward.

You may want to consider stopping beer drinking, as that usually adds more weight on your front end as well!

Jeez...what is this world coming to?

Back