• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shag's steering wheel - maybe not afterall

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Update: As you will see while reading this post, I've been voted off Steering wheel color selecting Island.... :cry

--------------
original post:

Shag's new 15" steering wheel arrived today. So I quickly threw the puppy on. Very easy install.

4_24_08_10_3_40_12.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Shag's steering wheel.

"AzPete" said:
Is that the only wood grain on the inside?

I think I see some steel separating the two wood grain pieces, not totally sure. (Probably the HEAT :rp messing with my eyes)

Congrats on the new steering wheel Craig but something other than lice has me scratching my head a little my friend. Is the wood grain unfinished? From 5 to 8 on the steering wheel it looks unfinished, kind of clashes with the nice finish on the dash a little. Either way, congrats and I'm sure Shag thanks you for having his own wheel now.

"Opentracker" said:
I noticed that too, it looks like it should have more rivits.

Shouldn't it have 10 bolts at the center too?

WTH? why did you go with wood grain? I thought you wanted a nice padded black one that goes with the interior? Seriously, you've got to lay off the wacky weed when ordering parts Craig.

I think the steering wheel looks great, Craig!

Don't listen to the yahoo rabble...

That's a nice wheel but with the attention to detail and all you showed on everything else I thought you were going to do something special in this department.

It looks like it's been "cross sanded". Ain't diggin' it dude. Can you send it back like you did the wheels?

is it just the camera angle or is that about a 20" diameter wheel?

"AzPete" said:
Is that the only wood grain on the inside?

That's kinda my thought as well. With parchment/black interior the wheel kinda stands out being the only woodgrain item.

Frank

I wonder what it would cost to wrap it in leather. The wood doesn't seem to flow as the others have pointed out. Other than that it looks pretty good.

wow... I thought you guys were kidding at first... I don't think it looks bad, as opposed to changing the wheel, I think adding the wood grain dash would be more fitting with overall styling.
What color carpeting is going in? I thought I read green carpeting at one point which would compliment the wood wheel in my opinion.

wow... tough crowd. 9 bolts, 9 rivets. lots of cars have used wood wheels without wood appointments otherwise. I think it looks classic. At least he didn't cheap out with a Grant.

Folks,
It is a real Moto-Lita 9 bolt Mk-3 wheel. Sorry for the poor pic but the wood finish is actually perfect all the way around the rim. I purposely went wood here for I got tired of the black and parchment scheme throughout the interior. The carpet will be black.

But let's keep something in mind. Items such as steering wheels, carpeting, spark plug wires, tires & wheels, wives and husbands are all replaceable. They are not set in concrete. If I get sick of the wheel, I'll dump it on ebay. I really cannot find myself though going for a black wheel. Booorrrriinnngggg!!!!!

Craig,

You should have contacted me. I have a wood grain wheel and I got a whole lot of OMG That's Gay responses as that's the only item in my car that's wood grain. I also have had splintering issues with my wheel that have caused some issues. After a while, you'll build up a 'scum' on the wheel that is hard to remove.

Can you return it? I'm trying not to be hyper critical here, just trying to help out a fellow Mustanger that's into the hobby as much as the rest of us.....

WTH is with this issue about it being the only wooden item in the car? Does everyone want the interior to be that boring? Yes I can return the wheel but to date I have found nothing more fitting for this car.

I kind of like it. Of course I also think playmate pink mustangs are cool looking. :lol

Back