• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

She has arrived--2011 Mustang GT

Thanks y'all. I brought her home today. Wow, this car is amazing. More pics, of course:

53_07_09_10_8_08_11_4.jpg

53_07_09_10_8_08_11_3.jpg

53_07_09_10_8_08_10_2.jpg

53_07_09_10_8_08_09_1.jpg

53_07_09_10_8_08_09_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They are a blast to drive! Close the windows (with a button) crank up the tunes and drive in comfort. Cruising along at 75, drop a couple of gears and step on it... you are doing a 100+ in a few seconds :ecit OK now you have a 1k to spare, do you upgrade the suspension in the 11 or buy parts for the Vintage? Lookie here a new marrow :vic wonder if he wants to play? :craz

fd

go for the upgrade on the suspension , I think you'll be driving this alot more than the vintage . atleast for now . once again let me say - very beautiful car !

Very awesome Ryan. Can't wait to see it in a few weeks. One thing though, get your pompous a$$ out of the handicapped spot.

Wow, thats sweet. :10 Since you picked it up last night, did you find it easier to sleep with the car in the driveway?

No mods planned for the 2011...yet. I have a '65 that needs the attention a lot more.

"lethal289" said:
Since you picked it up last night, did you find it easier to sleep with the car in the driveway?
Jake, the concrete wasn't as comfortable as I remember. :lol

This is the nicest driving car I have ever been in. Ultra smooth, quiet(I know), feather light clutch, just a dream to drive. The electric power steering is amazing too. The "my color" lets me choose between over a hundred different colors for the gauges and ambient lighting in the interior. Right now, I have white gauges with a red halo, and red ambient lighting. Looks sweet! I love the Sync system too. Voice command for phone, music, traffic, directions, etc. Ford got it right this time, there is no question.

Ryan, could you post some pictures of the interior? I've been considering red on red to match my 66, but wasn't sure how much of a two-tone effect there was on the 2012 red interior.

"Jack1966" said:
Ryan, could you post some pictures of the interior? I've been considering red on red to match my 66, but wasn't sure how much of a two-tone effect there was on the 2012 red interior.

Jack, no problem. Most of the interior is still black. Just the seats, wheel, and door inserts are red. The pictures don't do the red leather justice; you really need to see it in person.

53_08_09_10_7_32_24_0.jpg

53_08_09_10_7_32_27_4.jpg

53_08_09_10_7_32_25_3.jpg

53_08_09_10_7_32_25_2.jpg

53_08_09_10_7_32_24_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the interior pics. The white stripe on the seats would really complement the white racing stripe option I had in mind. Very beautiful car (unfortunately aggravates with my "I need it" syndrome.)

I will say the red interior with the stripe is top notch. They had one at the show (same exterior/interior color combo as Ryan's) and it was beautiful. I wasn't sure how the two reds would blend (remember, I'm colorblind) but it is a freakin' awesome combo. It looks like they really paid a lot of attention to interior detail.

"blue65coupe" said:
I will say the red interior with the stripe is top notch. They had one at the show (same exterior/interior color combo as Ryan's) and it was beautiful. I wasn't sure how the two reds would blend (remember, I'm colorblind) but it is a freakin' awesome combo. It looks like they really paid a lot of attention to interior detail.

While I hate giving Duane credit, he is dead on. I too was a little unsure of the two reds together, but once I saw it in person, I knew that was the one. And yes, the interior detail and craftsmanship is just top notch. I still cannot really believe that the car is this nice, AND that it is mine. BRB, gotta go look at it again...

Wow very nice!!! Just an awesome car. I wonder how a baby seat would fit in the back!

I would want a 5.0 but in grey or silver!!!

Simply Beautiful! I love the way Ford just keeps the retro touches going. The new center vents look just like the 67-68 only larger, and the concave tail light panel from the same years is a nice change from the 2010. How does the new 5.0 feel?

"ZFORCE" said:
How does the new 5.0 feel?

I have been taking it easy so far. I'll open her up after I get a few hundred miles on the clock. The drivetrain is super smooth, shifting is effortless, and the clutch is very light. I've been starting off in 2nd a lot, which is more than enough gear.

Back