• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shelby GT500CR prototype images

More to come....
Im in a bit of a rush
crenter.jpg

GT500CR prototype

Last edited by a moderator:
F'in Sweeet Jason!! Love the front valance and the rocker panels start tight and get wider, also like the way that side scoops dont look like a puddle of fiberglass and filler. The hood is a nice touch. What size rear tires are those? Are the flares a lot more narrow than the originals? The rear flares do not seem to make the rear tires look so small.

Jason, that thing looks awesome!!

Very tastefully done man, killer!

I too like the original style hood. I like Eleanors, but I'm glad you got away from that look they have.

"Fast68back" said:
...also like the way that side scoops dont look like a puddle of fiberglass and filler...
that's why I don't like the "molded" look vs "bolt-on" look. I don'y likr the idea of all the filler.

That car is a lot like the look I was going for when I did mine. I love the E-car lower valence, like a modern Shelby R model, but I like the the original Shelby grille rather than the billet E-car and road ralley driving lights. Well Done!

"Fast68back" said:
I also like that there are only four lights on the front versus the 8 lights on the "originals".
agreed. I was gonna fill the ones next to the headlights and use 65/66 parking lights in the valence like the 65 R model. I left the "brake duct" holes on mine open with no lights in there. Oh well, when I have to repaint it...

Very well done Jason, Is it just me, or do the taillights have a bit of a slant to them. I really like it!
01crshelbygt500cr.jpg

02crshelbygt500cr.jpg

03crshelbygt500cr.jpg

04crshelbygt500cr.jpg

05crshelbygt500cr.jpg

06crshelbygt500cr.jpg

07crshelbygt500cr.jpg

08crshelbygt500cr.jpg

09crshelbygt500cr.jpg

10crshelbygt500cr.jpg

11crshelbygt500cr.jpg

12crshelbygt500cr.jpg

13crshelbygt500cr.jpg

14crshelbygt500cr.jpg

15crshelbygt500cr.jpg

16crshelbygt500cr.jpg

17crshelbygt500cr.jpg

18crshelbygt500cr.jpg

19crshelbygt500cr.jpg

20crshelbygt500cr.jpg

"tarafied1" said:
and now that I take a closer look, there are no turn signal/parking lights... is that street legal?
never mind, I see them now...
21crshelbygt500cr.jpg

good job posting all those lethal!

Yes a bit of a slant of my taillights :)
Little details I changed....
Smooth drip rails and shaved bumper bolts and extended for a better fit.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. Its been very stresful trying to design this car to meet the classic car and new car feel.

So far Im very pleased. The drive is incredible.

Back