• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shelby GT500CR prototype images

Jason,

WOW!

When I first saw the pictures you posted I thought "Looks awesome"

But when lethal posted the full set from the blog...HOLY COW. What an incredible car. The original styling of the classic Mustang is still there, there is no question that this is still a 40 year old car...but every little detail is polished perfectly, and the result is really, really incredible!

If I had the bucks for a Shelby, I'd much rather have one of these than one of the late models.

You'll have to give us all the story of how the debut went when you get back home and can spare us a few minutes!

Simply incredible.

Thank you all for the help with the images. Shelby American is awesome!
The factory is so clean you can eat off the floor
I will tell more tonight when I get home :eek:mg

"ClassicRecreations" said:
Thank you all for the help with the images.

Your Welcome! Im here to help when i can!

What did you coat the inside of the engine bay with? It almost looks like a molded plastic?

Amazing product Jason!

Even after being there, seeing other awesome projects and the attention paid to detail by you and your people, this car far exceeds what I expected even after seeing it in progress.

You should be very, very proud!

"Sluggo" said:
Amazing product Jason!

Even after being there, seeing other awesome projects and the attention paid to detail by you and your people, this car far exceeds what I expected even after seeing it in progress.

You should be very, very proud!

Agreed. When Sluggo and I saw this car at Jason's shop a couple months ago, it was still just a shell, no fenders, no front valance, we got to see some of the parts and the direction it was headed, but the final version you can see in the pictures is simply amazing. Amazing job!

:epI also love the front valence. I would like to know more about the those turn signal lights. :weas

Give me a Holler
405-204-4643
Ill get you lined out

Jason,

Ditto to all of the accolaides you've already received. The car looks amazing. Your design team should be commended for putting all of this together.

A few questions....

G-Force belts? Why not the industry leader..... Simpson? The prices/style are similar, but IMO the Simpson name carries more weight.

TCP pedal covers? I'm unsure what TCP brake or clutch components could be/are used on the car? How about some "one-off" custom pedal covers to set this car further apart from the rest?

I'm comforted that you followed my lead and used the same Lokar gas pedal that I'm using in my car. LOL

If the pictured car is #0006, where are 0001-0005?

Whose deluxe door panels are you using? Burton's? Did he supply you with the non-reproduction "cups" that install just below the door handle to hide the panels interior foam? I need a set if you have a source. Mort never supplied them to us.

This has definitely been worth waiting for!!!!!!!

"daveSanborn" said:
Jason,

Ditto to all of the accolaides you've already received. The car looks amazing. Your design team should be commended for putting all of this together.

A few questions....

G-Force belts? Why not the industry leader..... Simpson? The prices/style are similar, but IMO the Simpson name carries more weight.

TCP pedal covers? I'm unsure what TCP brake or clutch components could be/are used on the car? How about some "one-off" custom pedal covers to set this car further apart from the rest?

I'm comforted that you followed my lead and used the same Lokar gas pedal that I'm using in my car. LOL

If the pictured car is #0006, where are 0001-0005?

Whose deluxe door panels are you using? Burton's? Did he supply you with the non-reproduction "cups" that install just below the door handle to hide the panels interior foam? I need a set if you have a source. Mort never supplied them to us.

This has definitely been worth waiting for!!!!!!!

I used TCP covers because we use their G link rear suspension.
Yep Burton panels. I use Scott Drake cups. 65-66 style.
1-5 cars are already accounted for.
G-Force has been very good to me. I like the service I get from and they build a great belt. I'm very loyal to my vendors especially when they are loyal to me.

Dave,
It was an incredible trip!!! I just got off the plane and hopped on my puter for a chat with all of you. One day i would like to share with all of you my experience.
I had the privilege of hanging out with all the Tech's and shoot the bull while they finished Supersnakes and prototypes. It was awesome!
I had to stop myself from grabbing a wrench and diving in or should I say my wife stopped me :)

"70_Fastback" said:
Looks superb! But is that Paul Jr. driving that thing?
:rofl
I have always worn Gatorz even before these guys found them. I got that same question when I met the photographer
My wife told me that they bling too much :$$$

stupid question time...
since the average Mustang nut (or at least the ones I know) can't afford a couple hundred grand for a car, will you be selling body kits/parts to build one of these in your own garage? I'd love to have the upper nose for my car.

"tarafied1" said:
stupid question time...
since the average Mustang nut (or at least the ones I know) can't afford a couple hundred grand for a car, will you be selling body kits/parts to build one of these in your own garage? I'd love to have the upper nose for my car.

That is not a stupid question at all!

I plan on trying to get permission to offer some of these parts, ie.. Shifter, body parts, console, gauges etc...
Just been crazy here and I wanted to get the forst prototype to Shelby.

Oh I understand, getting that car done and to Shelby is priority. Glad to hear you might sell stuff to us poor guys too!!!

"garner67" said:
What's the yellow/orange light on the dash, just to the right of the RPM gauge?

Self destruct button :lol

J/K... Its the Check Engine light

P.S. I accidental edited your post. But I fixed it back. I hit modify rater than quote :scar

"tarafied1" said:
stupid question time...

Cool, then Nick can upgrade from turning a :nick filled POS into an Eleanor and selling them to unsuspecting Europeans to turning a :nick filled POS into a GT-500CR and selling them to unsuspecting Europeans for even more.

j/k, couldn't resist a jab at Nick.

Jason, that's pretty cool that you will have some of those parts for sale. I built my own car not as a copy of another car in its entirity, but as a conglomeration of features and options that I pulled from a multitude of sources to create my own car based on what I liked. I can tell many of the features you have created will be very popular to add to regular cars as stand-alone options.

Those look like Julio's gauges from JME. I have those in my 67 with black face. I have an early set without the JME logo and a custom set in the 65 with Cobalt gauges.

I love the car, wish I could afford one!

I also would like to see a 65-66 FB done.

HUM, Maybe a kit to do a 67 coupe.....maybe time to put more money into the 67....Hum....

Mel

"ClassicRecreations" said:
Self destruct button :lol

J/K... Its the Check Engine light

P.S. I accidental edited your post. But I fixed it back. I hit modify rater than quote :scar

Gotcha... like a low oil pressure warning light.

I'd like to add that feature to my car, but I might use the brake warning light for my low oil pressure warning light.

1-5 cars are already accounted for.

If #0006 is the prototype car? Can you expand on #0001-0005 a little more? Are they customer cars or other prototypes?

Did #0006 stay with the Shelby folks or did you bring it back with you?

Back