• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

show me your steering wheels

I might be in the market for a different steering wheel. I like the wood shelby wheels but they are so damn expensive. Post pics of your steering wheels so I can see some different ideas.

Moto Lita:

dash10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto on the moto lita

541371_423_full.jpg

541371_435_full.jpg

I got mine from Mustangs unlimited. you may have to check around to find someplace with it in stock, I tried NPD, they canceled my order after 6 weeks, I got mine from MU in about 4 weeks.

"Starfury" said:
I hate you all. I want a Moto-Lita wheel:(

If you notice, once you get the moto lita you also need to go with autometer gauges....some restomod requirement or something

I got the motolita kind of look without the price tag. Just a grant camaro or chevelle wheel with the ford install kit and everything bolts up perfect. of course mne was in the SPC room at my local NPD so I got it for like $45.

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3447.jpg

Works fine, I know 4 guys who have all had problems with their grant wheels and all know a way to fix it permanently, a different piece of fiberglass one of them had custom made that the horn cap attaches to. I picked one up from him and none of them with this custom ring have had problems. (one of them has had it for 6 years)

"Fast68back" said:
"garner67" said:
"Fast68back" said:
Ditto on the moto lita

Add me to the Moto Lita group!

2379107_95_full.jpg

Mike, where did you get that horn button?

Actually, it's a LaCarra horn button, and it fits the MotoLita wheel perfectly. I found it at Summit...
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=LAC%2D3301&N=700+115&autoview=sku
lac-3301.jpg

The center logo is a 69 Shelby sticker from NPD, which fills the raised center quite nicely. I'm trying to decide if I should clear coat the whole thing, but I haven't done it yet.

Mike,

You didn't "win" anything. You stole that damn thing! You'll be very happy with the moto-lita, it's a VERY nice wheel.

The Moto-Lita is made/marketed by a company called LeCarra. Lecarra has an office in Tennessee that I've dealt with. Mustangs Unlimited sold me the wrong hub adapter so I cut out the heads up a$$ middleman supplier and dealt straight with the manufacturer. Dealing direct with LeCarra was a VERY pleasant experience. They knew exactly what hub adapter and horn kit I needed and then quickly sold it and shipped it for 15% less than I'd spent at MU.

Good luck and you'll love that wheel.

They are really beautiful wheels.
Do these have aluminum hubs?
I had to replace one like that (brand unknown) when the internal splines stripped.
And it gave very little advance warning.
When it went, it went....could freewheel spin it like it was on bearings as opposed to attached to a steering shaft.
It happened when my wife was backing the car out of the driveway at just a couple miles an hour.
If it had happened when she was doing 80 along the beltway around here....OMG my car! :hide
I replaced it with one like SilverBlueBPs.
I think it's a LeCarra, but has a hub that's something more like cast iron.
So...stay away from aluminum hubs!

If it had happened when she was doing 80 along the beltway around here....OMG my car!

LOL! That is funny Sh!t. I would have said the same thing.

Dave, I didn't know LeCarra was the manufacturer of the Moto Lita. I thought Moto Lita was in G.B. I was looking at the LeCarra's at Summit and thought they looked identical. I was going to get one or the other. I guess the LeCarra hubs will be the same, right? If so I can order from Summit. Thanks Dave.

Back