• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

show me your steering wheels

Here's some pics of the type of steering wheel to STAY THE EFF AWAY from:
78_10_11_08_10_32_40.jpg

78_10_11_08_10_31_50.jpg

78_10_11_08_10_30_42.jpg

Mike,

Although it's a blurry picture, yes, that's the same hub that MU sent me that wouldn't work. It was splined for a factory column and we'd installed a new FR column with GM splines. Here's the picture. Notice the "ring" around the lower portion of the hub. This ring has an allen head set screw to retain it and allows the ring to slide up and down the hub. The ring should sit towards the bottom of the hub to dress out the hub to column gap. Personally, I didn't like this ring.

000_0310.jpg

After speaking with LeCarra, they sold me this hub which I like much better.... no adjustable ring, but instead a flush fitment between hub and column.

imagew21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Moto Lita today. It is in perfect condition. I was even suprised to see a hub. This hub has a crinkle finish painted on. Did any of the mot lita hubs look like this? Maybe someone just painted it to match their interior. Also the spline cuts look very shallow. Could it be this is not a moto lita or Le Carra hub? Either way, I thought I was just getting the wheel and the hub is a bonus. If I have to buy a new one that is fine by me.
http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn405/valleyfirearms/010jpg.jpg[/img]]

http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn405/valleyfirearms/011jpg.jpg[/img]]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen that finish before. Both of the hubs I used had the "machined" finish. As I understand it, they do make a paintable hub.

Do you know what kind of car this hub/wheel came off of?

The spline count is important. GM and Ford use different spline counts on their steering shafts.... 39 and 45 IIRC.

it came with a GT500 horn button.

Ooops, that little detail somehow escaped me.

39-40 either way it's the correct one. As I remember, a GM column has significantly more.

Keep in mind that my sons car has the same horn button on his Flaming River column that uses a GM splined steering shaft.

heres a pic of my grant signature series wheel before the install and after you can see of the PO's attempt at a homemade console took that out right away and got a hump hugger wheel was easy to install i had to bend the turn signal lever a little to get more clearance from the wheel so my hand wouldnt hit it every time i turned the wheel no horn problems either as my bolts in
IMG_7450.jpg

wheel.jpg

Back