• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Show me your tach please ; )

This is the best pic I can find.

6671600073_large.jpg

I'm getting to where I really like the '66 dash! It's just laid out in a nice display, easy to see and read, simplicity. Very nice Silverblue! Amazing amount of changes made between the mustang years in all aspects of design.

"silverblueBP" said:
This is the best pic I can find.

6671600073_large.jpg

Re: Imagination please

"Dne'" said:
I bought this console assembly a while back, I don't know what it came out of, but looked like it would work, and I believe it will. The door works well, but I was thinking(thinking mind you) taking the door assembly out(a couple screws hold it in place and comes out as an assembly) and making a solid piece of something there and mount a larger tach where the coil up door was. I would paint the long aluminum part the same color as my stang. I could mount a nice tach there, but would be a while before that console would ever be mounted permanently. Again, this is just an idea that I have.(actually I had forgotten all about the console).
dne'
aconsole.jpg

DNE'
That is a 68 Mustang console, I have a black 68 Cougar console that looks exactly the same except instead of a door it has a clock, which may be cool to put a tach instead? If interested we can talk swapping?
When I get home I can post a picture of it.
Here is one to get the idea of what it looks like
photo.jpg

Re: Imagination please

That brings back memories of my '67 cougar! sigh
On the facing that attaches via clips, the part that goes over the radio/door, the rubber is kind of separating~ I haven't spent much time with it to see how to reattach/readhesive it. Looks like someone may have tried. I'm interested in what you have to say about swapping! I can take some better photos closeup of the problem area. You're much more clever~ you could probably make it look much better! I was going to take it to an upholstery shop to see if they could fix it. I'm glad to hear what the console came out of!
dne'

"tarafied1" said:
aconsole.jpg

DNE'
That is a 68 Mustang console, I have a black 68 Cougar console that looks exactly the same except instead of a door it has a clock, which may be cool to put a tach instead? If interested we can talk swapping?
When I get home I can post a picture of it.
Here is one to get the idea of what it looks like
photo.jpg

"garner67" said:
6671600073_large.jpg

What do the small red and green lights indicate?

Turn signals, generator, and high beam......who knows when the driver is color blind........... :lol Maybe they are true "idiot" lights.

Is there no WS wiper switch? Or are my eyes deceiving me?

I've got a couple used OE switches stashed away if you need one.

"garner67" said:
6671600073_large.jpg

Nice looking gauges. Simple and clean. What do the small red and green lights indicate?

What? red & green???? I thought they were orange & blue.

Turn signals and high beam (like that ever gets used) :eek:mg

Mine is a 60's CJ Jeep tach hacked into the clock hole. I finished this just before the aftermarket in-dash tachs started showing up up ebay=/ I'm still very happy with the end product, though. It looks great and nobody knows it's not factory unless they know Mustangs. It's also in a very convenient spot.

16_11_06_10_6_18_26.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's a neat tach! fits right in!! Good job! A '60's jeep~ I bet there aren't a bunch of those around anymore! lol

"Starfury" said:
Mine is a 60's CJ Jeep tach hacked into the clock hole. I finished this just before the aftermarket in-dash tachs started showing up up ebay=/ I'm still very happy with the end product, though. It looks great and nobody knows it's not factory unless they know Mustangs. It's also in a very convenient spot.

16_11_06_10_6_18_26.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"daveSanborn" said:
Okay, I'll play also..... why is your left TS Green and your right TS Red?

I would guess that those lights were originally for things other than turn signals. I'm sure someone out there knows, but I can't remember (news flash). Those are R Model type gauges and lights similar to the "real" ones.

On the turn signals, it looks like the 64.5-65 wiring with one turn indicator and one idiot light but then again, looking at the owner, who knows.

Darn that's a nice setup! I like that large RPM dial! Was that like Tarafieds? Did you have to modify to install that tach?

"FordDude" said:
OK here is my tach and speedo.

index.php

fd

"Dne'" said:
Darn that's a nice setup! I like that large RPM dial! Was that like Tarafieds? Did you have to modify to install that tach?

That is a factory 8 grand tach and 140 speedo.

fd

:craz No sense spending that kind of money~ It's either what you and I communicated about or the mini tach in the dash. I guess the mini tach would be the least amount of thinking! lol I'm still not 100% on installing the console, but I have plenty of time to think about it. Oh my~ decisions desisions! lol

"tarafied1" said:
Dne'
If you can find one, they start around a $1000+++ that's why I made mine.

Back