• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Show me your tach please ; )

Here is mine
2_08_09_08_9_30_34_4.JPG

During install
2_08_09_08_9_32_16_0.JPG

Little closer to done...
2_10_02_09_5_37_05_2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a different path and chose not to go with the standard Autometer gauges. I really liked the retro look of the new Autometer American Muscle series and the Stewart Warner Power Performance line but ultimately decided that those too would become quite common. I eventually decided to go with Classic Instrument gauges. They are a big favorite with the street rod crowd due to the nostalgic look. I found something I think not only gives me the accurate information I want but in a package that goes well with the design theme of my car and is sure to be quite unique.

"AzPete" said:
This was my previous '66. Got the entire setup from a guy north of Phoenix, Az, Cannot locate him now. Last I saw, he was only selling the bezel without gauges.It was an easy install as it came with good instructions and a ready to go harness.
100_9577.jpg

That looks like an MP Products bezel. Here's a link...

http://www.mpproductsstore.com/instrument-bezels-and-gauges.html

I used their chrome piece and re-painted the face in a camera-case black kind of finish. I was happy with the quality of both the mold and the chrome finish.

First I have to comment on Fast68backs beautiful display! Just gorgeous!

Now, MP's bezel? so a soul just unscrews their old bezel/instruments, and this just attaches with screws, plug it in and go? the original plug from the stang plugs right in? I like the extra gauge where the clock used to be~ wish list item~ very nice!!

"AzPete" said:
That is the one. Soon as I read the name, MP, I knew you had it. Thanks.

Take out yours as you described, disconnect the wiring and label it as this will make it easier later.
This is the way they came for my last '66..I just used a schematic to splice the provided gauge harness into the car. The fit fit good.
I really liked the setup they had.
100_9571.jpg

100_9572.jpg

100_9573.jpg

IMO, the 66 has a neat dash! easy to read, spread out just right! that's a great looking instrument panel! :10

"AzPete" said:
Take out yours as you described, disconnect the wiring and label it as this will make it easier later.
This is the way they came for my last '66..I just used a schematic to splice the provided gauge harness into the car. The fit fit good.
I really liked the setup they had.
100_9571.jpg

100_9572.jpg

100_9573.jpg

Yep, I just had to...... :)

That is a good looking set and they seem good on the prices. Guess you better start sweet talking the hubby..... :ecit

"AzPete" said:
Gauges had a Pro-Tech name on them. They are sold with the MP sets here, http://www.mpproductsstore.com/instrument-bezels-and-gauges.html , with the MP logo now. You are correct on the sizes. I was real pleased with them. This was one of the first few sets the company sold. I had to wait for them to get the gauges in like I wanted. They have it all now.

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about upgrading my instrument panel on my 71 F100, but I just need a set of gauges, not the entire panel. I can't seem to find the Pro-Tech line of gauges online. I guess the gauges are made by a different company that stamps Pro-Tech (now MP) on the gauge face. I'll have to do some more digging.

"garner67" said:
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about upgrading my instrument panel on my 71 F100, but I just need a set of gauges, not the entire panel. I can't seem to find the Pro-Tech line of gauges online. I guess the gauges are made by a different company that stamps Pro-Tech (now MP) on the gauge face. I'll have to do some more digging.

Contact the seller at MP. He was real workable when I dealt with him. Might sell you a deal.

"Kats66Pny" said:
A mans mind always goes straight to the gutter! I was referring to not cooking or cleaning. :coo
And the woman always calls that place our mind goes to "the gutter" when in fact, they are there with us in our thoughts.......sometimes before we arrive.

Don't forget to clock yer tach so that max RPM is straight up. Makes it easier to keep track of when you're running WFO :ecit

Back