• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

silverblueBP's new adventure

A

Anonymous

I have decided that after 33 years in the millwork/construction industry, it's time for a major overhaul. Although I've been an independent contractor for the last 7 years, I've worked exclusively for one company and...I've worked for this same company one way or another since we moved to Kansas in 1993.

Friday is my last "official" day, but I'm spending these last few days, cleaning out my office and taking all the material back to the main office (2 hr round trip).

My new venture is a pet supply store in Council Grove, Kansas. It will feature top quality food, toys, training aids, etc... for dogs and cats primarily. I will also be giving a "storefront" to people with disabilities that make pet related items and only sell via the web. I'll offer basic dog obedience and will also be selling pet related books. After these many years of working with and training service dogs, I am convinced this is the road for me! I have a huge pool of service dog owners and puppy raisers to draw from as far as what works and what doesn't for items to sell in the store.

I'll also have an online store and a* cough*Facebook *cough* account.

Deb convinced me I needed a dog wash station and currently have a new one sitting in the crate. I hope to have the store open by mid February. We turn Carver in for advanced training Feb 15th and don't see too much advantage of opening, then closing for a week.

I'm really excited about this new fork in the road and I think I'll enjoy the hell out of it :thu If it all goes as planned, maybe I'll offer franchises...stranger things have happened.

The name of the business is 4 Paws -n- A Tale and I had some help with the logo from Evil's talented daughter :thu

4pawsnatale-web-large-2.png

BTW, there will be NO engines sold at the store. Blown engines parts...now that's another story!

Friday is my last "official" day, but I'm spending these last few days, cleaning out my office and taking all the material back to the main office (2 hr round trip).

Sooo...basically everything is a 2 hr round trip right ??

Mark, wish you much, much success. Hope you become a 2 percenter quick--there's a lot of us depending on you! :thu

"70 StangMan" said:
Sooo...basically everything is a 2 hr round trip right ??

Yes, can't get anything past you can I?

"stangg" said:
Congrats, do you need all those WE tennis balls back?

No, I have a never ending supply of those. My brother owns a tennis club!

I do plan on giving tennis balls away. Dogs just love them and they're great for teaching the dog to retrieve and drop.

So basically when your business is a huge success you'll have the money to buy the Cruiser? :shrug :roll :part

"RustyRed" said:
So basically when your business is a huge success you'll have the money to buy the Cruiser? :shrug :roll :part

:yah :yah :yah :yah :yah :steer

Dream on buster.

Can't you get a regular web site instead of Facebook ( for us non-Facebook MoFo's) ??
Hell I might even buy something then.

"70 StangMan" said:
Can't you get a regular web site instead of Facebook ( for us non-Facebook MoFo's) ??
Hell I might even buy something then.

It will be a "regular" website. Utilizing Facebook will reach the evil, world ending losers. Trust me, using FB is a business decision only...it's still the "Debil"

You may want to consider trademarking your business name, especially if you think it could take off to where you would be offering franchises. You'd probably want to register in at least class 35 which includes "Retail and on-line store services featuring pet supplies, pet toys, pet food, and sports and sporting goods; retail store services in the field of animal and pet supplies." You can trademark the logo as shown, but note that all use must match the image as depicted. If you register only the name, you can change your logo at a later date if desired.

The name of the business is 4 Paws -n- A Tale

4pawsnatale-web-large-2.png
Before you get it trade marked and a bunch of cards made you might want to consider a little "tweaking" on the name.

I'm thinking 2 Ears, 4 Paws-n- A Tale has a real nice ring to it. :confu

All seriousness aside...Congrat's on you and Deb's new adventure. May you have boo koo success. :thu

"70 StangMan" said:
Before you get it trade marked and a bunch of cards made you might want to consider a little "tweaking" on the name.

I'm thinking 2 Ears, 4 Paws-n- A Tale has a real nice ring to it. :confu

How about someone p-shop this :Mark onto my logo?? Maybe in between the wagon wheel spokes?

Congrats and good luck on the new venture.

I have a 25 pound cat I can donate to help you get stocked up. Or maybe as a chew toy for the dogs.

Back