• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So-CAL

abrahamfh

Sorry guys, Im here, Im here.

A lot of stuff happening real fast, good and bad. I have only been able to check in every now and then, and when I do tapatalk doesn't include the shoutbox.

I am almost officially moved in and my job has been great here at the hospital. I live three miles north of the hospital on the same street, so it takes me all of seven minutes to get to work, it is great. Fred is still awaiting transport but my one car garage is ready to receive her.

Some of the bad. I really can't go into too much detail but my ex-wife stopped letting me talk to my son and just recently found out that he was hospitalized a month ago without my knowledge. He was too sick for our day together this month so I have not seen or heard from him since April 2nd. It's freakin killing me! The day before the move I received a phone call from my ex wife's attorney that she was requesting a emergency restraining order against me for both her and my son. I thank God that the judge denied her request, but I am due in court May 24th for an official hearing where he will hear her out on her request and hear me out as to why it is not necessary. Thankfully, I can prove all her complaints are false and prove that she has lied on some of them by printing my emails and text messages which she has listed as harassment (for example: we have joint legal custody, each parent is to be included in any non emergency medical treatment/decisions which she has not done as well as simply having the human courtesy of letting me now of his doctors appointments and hospitalization in a timely fashion, I told her that I was going to fax a copy of the court order to his physicians stating that I have to be legally included in any decision made and she took it and used it to state that I was threatening her that I would not allow them to provide him with the necessary treatment). I could go on and on with her accusations that she has made in the restraining order request but like I said, I can prove them all wrong. She also filed to take away my legal custody and force my one saturday a month with him to be supervised by a psychiatrist appointed by the court in case she doesn't win the restraining order which there is a hearing for in June. I still have been unable to find a attorney that I can afford but I am working on my disclosure/response and my proof for the May 24th hearing. Her and her attorney have yet to inform me of the restraining order hearing because the only way she would win is if I don't show up, her knowing that I started new employment and currently on a 90 day probationary period they are hoping that I am unable to take the day off from work by waiting for the last minute to inform me about the hearing which is legally five days before the hearing. Thankfully I was able to make it to the court house in Burbank the morning of the big move and had the last six months worth of filed documents printed out and the gals in the clerks office informed me of the May 24th hearing while I was waiting for the documents.

I hope this never happens to anyone and hope I am filing all my documents properly for the simple fact that I just can't loose my son. I was actually hoping to have him more since I moved down here but I find myself fighting just to keep the little rights I had.

Sorry for the gloom post, and sorry for the horrible grammar and everything else I messed up on this post, real hard topic to type about.

Hang in there Buddy! Maybe you should look into prepaid legal. I'll send you a phone number for a friend that sells that stuff.

Mel

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Just remember, some of us know someone that knows someone that can fix anything...know what I mean.

Kricky, I keed, I keed.

Glad to hear that you're settling in and sorry to hear about the ex. Sounds like you have all your paperwork in order. Keep a positive attitude and your mind clear, you will prevail.

Just in case that doesn't work, refer back to the first sentence.

She sounds like a piece of work, a lot of hate and anger going on with her. I hope that you did not do an Arnold. :roul Not that this is any comfort, but there are worse out there. My uncle's ex made all nice with him the day before the custody hearing. So he thought great we are getting back together, I do not need to go to court. Big mistake. Back in them days the mom always got custody, things have changed for the better. Do not play her game, be better than she is for your sons sake.

Again welcome to the southland.

fd

Sorry to hear this Abe. Hang in there buddy, and let us know if we can help in any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abe,

Give me an email or PM when you want to get out of the office and get away. I've got the Mustang ready for your temporary escape.

Steve

Abe,

Sorry to head the "bad" is outweighing the "good," but I'm sure it's just temporary. It seems like the ex is the one needing a visit with a psychiatrist, there's something going on with her. Keep the faith.

Sorry to hear it, Abe. Hope it all works out.
Be sure to get in touch with me when you get the car here and need to get some work done on 'er.

Thanks for the kind words, support and uhm offers(Mark, LoL). I still respect everything that she has done for our Son and I don't want to see her and my Son under anymore stress. All I want is to be allowed to be the father I have dreamed of being for him. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Update: received an email today from "the attorney" stating that the restraining order/hearing for tomorrow has been canceled. OMG I am so happy.

One down one to go. Now I only have to worry about the July hearing where she wants to take away my legal custody. After some good advice and suggestions from a very good friend I will be countering with a request for more time with him and my legal custody to remain untouched.

Thanks again everyone.

Just remember to keep the discussion with the judge about what is best for your son and how you can provide a stable environment for him, not about how bad of a mother she is. If I were a judge, I think I would have little patience for parents who are in court to bash each other instead of finding a solution that is in the best interests of the child.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Abe, I was wondering how your move went man. That blows to have to deal with all that nonsense now that you are down there but keep your head up and stay positive. Keep your cool and breathe deep. You can get through this keeping it all on the up and up. we are all here for you when you need to blow off some steam. Keep us posted and good luck.

Thanks for all the support guys. I will admit that it is very hard at times to stay calm when someone that you spent day in and day out with throws some very nasty and malicious comments at ya but I have my Wife Family Friends and the thought of my Son to keep me focused on the prize.

I won't give up, that's for sure.

Sorry the move didn't start off on a better note for you.
Keep you head up. Good will prevail over evil.
I never understood how one parent could could deprive their child that they love, of the other parent.
Being a parent is all about what's best for the child.
Hopefully you can get to spend some time with your son.

Sorry guys. Really need to vent. The ex wife petitione to have my half of my legal rights stripped away as i might have previosly mentioned. More eecently the wife and I cut our vacation short to be back in time to have my son for my scheduled visitation. There was no way we were going to ask her to reschedule and my wife being from a divorced family helped me understand that even though her mom had a perfectly good reason not to make it to spend her day with her it still hurt. Not something I want for my son. As we land in Phoenix from Mexico I get an email that my day with him the next day has been canceled. Okay no big deal. I email the X that I would appreciate it if she reschedule it because I do not want to continue the pattern she has created of only letting me see him every other month. She agreed to the 16. Once we got back from our trip, I responded to her petition to remove my half of my legal rights and wants my visit to supervised by someone appointed by the court. I filed and served my response last week that I was not in agreement and would agree to retaining my legal custody as well as having him every other weekend and one dinner night a week. Today I received a phone call from her attorney that I have to be in court tomorrow because they are requesting all future visitations suspended pending an investigation of the department of family and child services. Once the investigation is concluded they will still request supervised visitations. Mind you, the hearing in regards to the legal custody issue isn't until the 21st. I just don't get it. The only reason i live in Valencia is because the X wanted our son to go to school here. I emailed her to enroll him and she decided to enroll him in the school that she originally didnt want him to go to in LAUSD. She had me pay 50% of his most recent dental bill, i asked for the invoice and the dentist gave her 30% off of her half of the bill only. The only thing I can think of is that she hopes I get fired and force me to head back up North or she wants to make life so difficult that end up giving up. The wife and I are really starting to get worn down. Thanks for letting me vent guys, I feel a little better.

Keep your nose to the grindstone, Abe. I am saddened to hear the crap that you and your son is being put thru. Amazing that this person previously stood up and made a life long commitment to be with you and now this.

We're pulling for you and if you need anything, holler!

P.S. Valencia schools are better than LAUSD by far (almost as good as Camarillo schools!). You should push for your son to attend there.

Thanks Steve. If I can keep grinding on a rusty ol car I can keep fighting for my son.

So her ex parte petition to not allow me visitation until the conclusion off a CPS investigation has been denied. She requested the CPS investigation and by state law they have to investigate regardless if there is reason or not. The judge was very kind neutral and fair. They are merging our previously scheduled hearing for legal custody, visitation modification with today's denial so it's not over yet.

I won't even go into detail in regards to her accusations other than the fact that I have never been demeaned so low by anyone in my life and I wish capital punishment for anyone convicted of such acts.

Geez!

So it seems the hearing scheduled on the 21st I am not going to be able to handle on my own. It is just going to be way too much legal wise.

We made a couple of calls to some local attorneys and hope we can find one that can work with us.

Wish me luck.

Back