• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

StangFix T-shirt poll

Size/Color combos, what are you interested in?

• White Med

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • White Large

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • White XL

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • White XXL

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Blue Med

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Blue Large

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Blue XL

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Blue XXL

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
Your a braver man then me Steve, i could never even think about working on a car in a white shirt. It would get ruined if i just walked into the garage. :cry

"silverblueBP" said:
Fixed it Steve

True enough!

"lethal289" said:
Your a braver man then me Steve, i could never even think about working on a car in a white shirt. It would get ruined if i just walked into the garage. :cry

To be honest? I did all the work that morning in another shirt. I just wore that shirt for the video segment of the day. All I did in that shirt was twist the throttle linkage at the carb, hit the remote start button, and pour a little gas down the throat of the carb. Still it's a miracle I didn't downright ruin the shirt. The shirt did have an unfortunate run-in with some food, though, and is not pristine white anymore.

"cmayna" said:
XXL's????? Dudes, lose some weight.....or are these your sleeping shirts? :lol

I like to blame it on the heat from the clothes dryer.... I swear that it shrinks ALL of my clothes!

"daveSanborn" said:
I like to blame it on the heat from the clothes dryer.... I swear that it shrinks ALL of my clothes!

Does your dryer not have a humidistat and a low setting?

Dave lives in North Carolina, his dryer consists of a woman, a clothes line and those old wooden pins :eek:mg

"70_Fastback" said:
Does your dryer not have a humidistat and a low setting?

I'd probably have to be more effiminate than I am to answer that question.

Things that I'm certain of:

1. My clothes dryer is in the laundry room.

2. It's electric.

3. It has a door on the front and control knobs on the top.

4. It's white.

5. I bought it.

6. I've never used it.

If you asked my wife to "describe the riding lawnmower and how it operates".....

1. It's parked by the greenhouse.... I think?

2. It runs on gas because I've heard David state that he needs to run to the store to get gas for the mower.

3. It's red (?)

4. David bought it.

5. I've never used it.

I know that it sounds weird, but Gabby and I's "separation of duties" works well for us. Honestly, I haven't washed so much as a dirty fork in the time we've been married. I dirty dishes, she cleans them. I dirty clothes, she washes them. Occasionally, she'll ask me to carry the 50# bag of dog food in from her food shopping, but that's about as close as I come to helping with any household chores. I've never vacuumed my house, but have moved from the couch when she does.

The flipside....

EVERYTHING outside of housework/dishes/laundry is all mine.

Example: The weekend before last I spent outside both Sat and Sun running a log-splitter. It rained for most of the day on Saturday, but it was only semi-freezing cold water and the logs weren't going to split themselves. I finished just in time on Sunday to come in and get cleaned up for the Superbowl..... my teeth stopped chattering somewhere around halftime. This weekend wasn't much different as I had to stack five cords of wood..... in the snow. After I'd stacked all that I could, I delivered the rest... three more cords.... to a buddy's house and stacked it at his place. Then I came home and pulled the trans/transfer case out of the Jeep. Then I woke up this morning and spent most of the day assisting a fellow that came by to grind a dozen stumps. This week 60 cubic yards of sand are being delivered and I'll be running a rented backhoe from Sat. sun up til Sunday sun down.

Trust me, she wants no part of my responsibilities and I want no part of hers.

Freakin' scary I tell ya!!! Sounds just like my house. Funny and very appropriate story. The wife wanted a new washer and dryer. You know, the front load type that is quieter, has auto settings, etc. I looked at her when we were discussing it and "commented" on the cost of "just a washer and dryer". She quickly responded with a reference to a) tools, b) chainsaws, and c) car parts and asked if I just went out and bought the cheapest things I could find and reminded me that I never wash clothes. She got a new front load, quieter, auto settings, etc washer and dryer.

"daveSanborn" said:
I'd probably have to be more effiminate than I am to answer that question.

Things that I'm certain of:

1. My clothes dryer is in the laundry room.

2. It's electric.

3. It has a door on the front and control knobs on the top.

4. It's white.

5. I bought it.

6. I've never used it.

If you asked my wife to "describe the riding lawnmower and how it operates".....

1. It's parked by the greenhouse.... I think?

2. It runs on gas because I've heard David state that he needs to run to the store to get gas for the mower.

3. It's red (?)

4. David bought it.

5. I've never used it.

I know that it sounds weird, but Gabby and I's "separation of duties" works well for us. Honestly, I haven't washed so much as a dirty fork in the time we've been married. I dirty dishes, she cleans them. I dirty clothes, she washes them. Occasionally, she'll ask me to carry the 50# bag of dog food in from her food shopping, but that's about as close as I come to helping with any household chores. I've never vacuumed my house, but have moved from the couch when she does.

The flipside....

EVERYTHING outside of housework/dishes/laundry is all mine.

Example: The weekend before last I spent outside both Sat and Sun running a log-splitter. It rained for most of the day on Saturday, but it was only semi-freezing cold water and the logs weren't going to split themselves. I finished just in time on Sunday to come in and get cleaned up for the Superbowl..... my teeth stopped chattering somewhere around halftime. This weekend wasn't much different as I had to stack five cords of wood..... in the snow. After I'd stacked all that I could, I delivered the rest... three more cords.... to a buddy's house and stacked it at his place. Then I came home and pulled the trans/transfer case out of the Jeep. Then I woke up this morning and spent most of the day assisting a fellow that came by to grind a dozen stumps. This week 60 cubic yards of sand are being delivered and I'll be running a rented backhoe from Sat. sun up til Sunday sun down.

Trust me, she wants no part of my responsibilities and I want no part of hers.

Single Dad with my Son Dave. The sh*t isn't going to do itself.

Single Dad with my Son Dave. The sh*t isn't going to do itself.

Yes, I thought of this while typing my earlier response, but I didn't know that your son's name was Dave, cool.

Kudos to all of the single moms/dads of the world. Wearing both hats is something that I would fail miserably at.

Just goes to show you, punctuation means.......everything :ecit

"daveSanborn" said:
Kudos to all of the single moms/dads of the world. Wearing both hats is something that I would fail miserably at.

+ a million

You guys and gals have my utmost respect. While I tend to think I'm a good dad, I also believe it's only because my kids have a great mom. My hat's off to 'ya all.

What I like more is the inclusiveness of your response above. It was nice you referenced Jeremy as a single dad, but it was more thoughtful of you to include Rick by mentioning the single moms. Very thoughtful of you Dave.

BTW, how much are the shirts? I've still got to order my tags and can I do this all at once or will I need to do two individual orders?

I would wait on the decals, make sure the engine runs first.

"daveSanborn" said:
What's really weird is that Rick's son is named Dave also.

Maybe because YOU might be the real dad? And Jeremy wore the skirt way back then? ewwwwww!!!

I like how we stay focused on original sujects.

Back