• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Tefba Radiator Filter Install Problem

"Midlife" said:
If there is a problem of clearing the hood light inserts, can't you move the filter back towards the thermostat and gain some clearance?

On the other hand, you could simply rotate the filter 90*...just thinking outside the box!

That's what Garner did...see his pic/post... a lot of hose....and he brags about that fact. :eek:mg

Well, I did a "rig" using two upper hoses. It does work, but the tefba is at a 20 degree angle, coming off the inlet on the manifold. I would have to let water out of rad to clean it. Looking at KBMRWS' pics, see the difference with the 390 upper hose. It is hooked up for now but am going to change it. I know that there is crud in the system so want Teffboy to do it's job.

Mike,

How in the heck did you snap this shot with the hood closed?!

340186-T800600.jpg

I may have a long hose, but you sure have long arms!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it's still open 2-3" to me, I can see the opposite fender top and a brick wall in the background but that is a good idea about setting the camera on time - closing the hood and letting it take to check clearance. I may use that to check air cleaner clearance when my motor goes back in.
Jon

"Jonk67" said:
Looks like it's still open 2-3" to me, I can see the opposite fender top and a brick wall in the background but that is a good idea about setting the camera on time - closing the hood and letting it take to check clearance. I may use that to check air cleaner clearance when my motor goes back in.
Jon

Yeah, you're right. Mike's hood isn't closed all the way.

If you wanna check clearance, you can use some playdoh, silly puddy or any non-stick clay. Just take a chunk and place it on the spot you wanna check; close the hood; open hood; and you have the distance between the object your checking and the hood.

"garner67" said:
Mike,
How in the heck did you snap this shot with the hood closed?!
I may have a long hose, but you sure have long arms!

Of course the hood isn't closed. I tried to show where the underhood pieces would align with the Tefba cap. From this you can see how far back to set the Tefba.

Tefba filters look like a great idea. Too bad they are so damn ugly. You would think they could make one that is purdy. Where do you get one from? Anyone have an extra laying around?

so I guess I shouldn't be using swamp water in my system...

I have NEVER had a filter on the coolant. This is in fact the first I've heard of it. Besides getting some crud out, whats the benifit?

"tarafied1" said:
so I guess I shouldn't be using swamp water in my system...

I have NEVER had a filter on the coolant. This is in fact the first I've heard of it. Besides getting some crud out, whats the benifit?

The crud will wear down the water pump. The crud can get caught in the thermostat and cause the new car engine (new because the old engine over heated) to over heat. The Crud will fill and clog that new radiator, causing the new engine (new because the old engine over heated) to over heat.

My whole adventure started from an over heated engine from an expansion plug a PO put in fell out. So for me , after spending so much money on all these new parts it just made sense to spend a little more to filter out what might be in the new engine. It was "A LOT" at first, chunks of metal shavings, silicone, sand and other unknown junk.

I never had one before or ever heard of one. But I have replaced radiators that were clogged. I have taken out thermostats with silicone caught in them. It is made for people that want to filter out the cooling system. I think you could use a piece of panty hose to do the same thing but it would be a mess to change.

"lethal289" said:
Whats the benefit of making your pictures small? Just seems like a pain in the arse to me!

Because on the dark side you had to make them smaller and I have a lot of articles already composed over there. It is way easier for me to just copy what I already have than to re configure the pics.

"MarkStang" said:
Because on the dark side you had to make them smaller and I have a lot of articles already composed over there. It is way easier for me to just copy what I already have than to re configure the pics.

Pssst, Mark, This IS the dark side...

:rofl :rofl :rofl, i just found these and have been dying for a place to post them. Thanks rick! :rofl :rofl :rofl!

Back