• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Test fitting the T-5 and Ron Morris mounts, Update-Hydraulic clutch

RyanG85

Found some time this evening so I cleaned up the T-5 and test fitted it to the 289. Installed the adjustable Ron Morris mounts. Waiting on the TCP manual rack, IDIDIT steering column and hydraulic clutch set up from Modern Driveline before I put everything together for mock up.
012.jpg

016.jpg

014.jpg

007.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Test fitting the T-5 and Ron Morris mounts, Getting ready for mock-up

I was originally going for a basically stock looking restore and painted the engine the original 65 black. Plans have changed to restomod now. I'll probably just put some chrome valve covers on and run it as is for now. Plans are to built a 347 Stroker in the next few years, that will get some color.

Misread your post Rick, The car will hopefully get color sometime late spring..... Which color, still up in the air on that one....

Looking good from here. I wonder how it sounds?

We used Ron morris lounts before we starting using the Rod and Custom front end. The mounts are great!!!! Did you go with the drop mount or stock height?

I have the Morris Mounts. I did not expect a performance effect. The instant power transfer is quite noticeable with solid mounts (non rubber)

I stayed with stock height for now, probably get the lowering brackets when I build the stroker. I picked up the mounts at NPD and since they wouldnt budge on full retail, I stuck with just the stock height. I'll pick up the lowering brackets elsewhere when I'm ready for them.

Re: Test fitting the Rack and Column, Getting ready for mock-up

Yesterday the rack came in, roughed that in
018.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

Today the Ididit column came in. Threw that in..
028.jpg

030.jpg

033.jpg

Really impressed with the quality of both pieces and the ease of installation. Once Modern Driveline finalizes the hydraulic clutch set up for the 65-66, I hope to get that mocked up and drop the engine in.

Body work has been moving forward also. Working on body lines and gaps. Painted some test stripes to get an idea....
027.jpg

003.jpg

Don't you love Christmas in March?!! :ecit

LOL, The UPS guy yesterday and the FedEx guy today both thought I was nuts the way I reacted when I saw the packages!

"RyanG85" said:
LOL, The UPS guy yesterday and the FedEx guy today both thought I was nuts the way I reacted when I saw the packages!
were they delivered to the Miniature Donkey Association?

LOL. Midlife got a kick outta that one too when I sent him my harnesses...

I hope to get that mocked up and drop the engine in.

I hate to throw a wrench in your plans, but installing the master cylinder/prop valve/hard brake lines should be done before you drop the motor in. It's 1000 times easier to mount/route everything w/o the engine in the car.

"daveSanborn" said:
I hate to throw a wrench in your plans, but installing the master cylinder/prop valve/hard brake lines should be done before you drop the motor in. It's 1000 times easier to mount/route everything w/o the engine in the car.
You're absolutely right. I'm just doing a quick mock up of the drivetrain with all the new goodies before we get too heavy into body work. Once everything fits to satisfaction, it will all be coming back out for paint then final assembly..

Got most of the stuff from Modern Driveline today.
Hydraulicclutch001.jpg

I first installed the roller kit for the pedals..
Hydraulicclutch005.jpg

Hydraulicclutch006.jpg

Then started on the Master Cylinder for the clutch..
Hydraulicclutch004.jpg

Hydraulicclutch011.jpg

Hydraulicclutch015.jpg

Hydraulicclutch017.jpg

Really happy with the quality of the LF Hydraulic M/C. The internal slave cylinder was on back order. I plan on dropping the engine in hopefully this weekend for test fitting. More pics to follow....

Last edited by a moderator:

Sticking with the original block plate

Got some more goodies for the stang. Stuff I bought at Carlisle...
65Restomod003.jpg

My new wheels, before and after painting them...
65Restomod028.jpg

65Restomod038.jpg

Street or Track export brace
65Restomod037.jpg

65Restomod040.jpg

65Restomod041.jpg

65Restomod007.jpg

I'm getting into the expensive part of the build but its so much fun opening up the new parts and test fitting them......

Back