• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The Official Hot August Nights Picture Thread

"lethal289" said:
so where is it, how about a link or something so i can see what the hell you guys are talking about!

In a nutshell, Hot August Nights happens the first week of August, each year, in Reno NV. It is probably the biggest and best car event in the world. 5,500 registered cars, 5-10 thousand unregistered cars, all in the same small city for a week (cars are all '72/older American and European cars). There is an auction (going on daily), daily cruises, the swap meet, vendors galore, the Big Boys Toy Store (every vendor that is anybody is there in the Events center), live bands playing next to the cars, and show 'n shines every day (with cash prizes).

It's something you just won't see anywhere else. It is a gear-head's dream come true every year.

Official website: http://www.hotaugustnights.net/

"Sacbill" said:
Atlantis is streaming their cruise live. You can watch it now at www.cruiseofchampions.com It'll go until 10pm pacific tonight.

NOTE: Only seems to work on Internet Explorer. Bummer!

Hi Bill, i got you e-mail and was upset that I couldn't view the webcast. I used Forefox and not IE.

"DEL65" said:
Hi Bill, i got you e-mail and was upset that I couldn't view the webcast. I used Forefox and not IE.

If you get ahold of IE, you can still watch the archives. Last night's was particularly good, with Tom's enormous gut molesting the webcam quite early in the video. :wtf Great cars, too.

"Sluggo" said:
I thought this was a pic thread?

These are from the cruise at Atlantis. This is a really nice Falcon Wagon. The woodsides are painted on!

173_09_08_09_2_43_10_0.jpg

173_09_08_09_2_43_10_1.jpg

This one was a neat GTO Wagon. Check out all that vinyl on the roof!
173_09_08_09_2_43_11_2.jpg

173_09_08_09_2_43_11_3.jpg

Cool Rat Rod style street rod
173_09_08_09_2_43_12_4.jpg

The weather turned surly and johnpro was heard to utter: "Godd@mn, it's cold out here!"
173_09_08_09_2_44_37.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sacbill" said:
The weather turned surly and johnpro was heard to utter: "Godd@mn, it's cold out here!"

The weather turned surly? I think I would describe it more as goddamned cold! :yikes

The weather Thursday was just insane. Usually it's around 100 degrees at this show, all week. On Thursday, it started off with rain, which turned to hail, then turned to just cloudy with probably 40 mph winds and COLD. The really stupid thing was that I put on sun block that morning ... then wore a jacket all day!

Sacbill and I actually whoosed out and headed to the bar an hour before the cruise was over!

"johnpro" said:
I didn't take many pics, but I'll post what I took sometime this weekend.

I hope someone rung your neck for that unsecured pop up, though! On Thursday evening, you would have found it 2 cities over, with the winds like they were.

The bad economy sure showed this week! That was the smallest turnout I've seen up there in in YEARS. You could actually drive around. It really was a more enjoyable week, without the massive crowds and there were still thousands of cars to look at.

Actually JuanPro, if you look closely the tent is tied quite securely to the wheels of my car. I wasn't taking any chances!

Then again, if there had been enough of a breeze to blow the tent away, it would have been cool enough to not need the tent :)

I just got back from my 2nd weekend up there, and John isn't kidding about the economy showing! The place was relatively dead, which means it was awesome because there were a ton of cars but not so much that you couldn't even drive from 1 side of town to the other. I had a great time though; my good friend in the USMC took leave and flew directly into Reno. Pics to follow!

"Fast68back" said:
Derek, just an FYI, I edited your post, its Marine Corp, not Marine Core. Better I correct you than Sanborn......

Better I correct you than Sanborn......

Actually, it would have been better if you hadn't f@*#'ed it up! It's Marine Corps dumbass.

"daveSanborn" said:
Actually, it would have been better if you hadn't f@*#'ed it up! It's Marine Corps dumbass.

No, I f@*#'ed it up as well....but now your not giving Derek shit....

Unless whatever you're talking about could be confused with the Maritime or Merchant Marines..... just Marines usually works well also.

Back