• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The Official Hot August Nights Picture Thread

"daveSanborn" said:
Must be for hauling 2x4"s. It would have saved the guy a lot of work to just buy a truck than to cut into an otherwise healthy goat.

Do you think he cut into a goat to make that? I guess I just assumed he took a Tempest wagon and rebadged it as a GTO.

My brother has a '71 442 and he's always wanted to buy a same year Vista Cruiser, painted with the same racing stripes and rebadged just like his 442 and use it to tow his 442.

Steve

"AtlantaSteve" said:
Do you think he cut into a goat to make that? I guess I just assumed he took a Tempest wagon and rebadged it as a GTO.

My brother has a '71 442 and he's always wanted to buy a same year Vista Cruiser, painted with the same racing stripes and rebadged just like his 442 and use it to tow his 442.

Steve

That'd be cool. When I was a teenager my dad had a 72 wood-paneled Vista Cruiser. It did not have the chrome roof rack, so the smooth top looked real clean. If we still had it, like your bro, I'd do a 442 clone, or at least the ram air hood and factory mags.

This is one DEEP steering wheel:

10886740082_large.jpg

Frank

Didn't the Imperials of the late 50's have a wheel like that? I kinda like it but wonder how it fits the driver.

"AtlantaSteve" said:
that's what I was thinking too, there is a 72 "SS" wagon here in town, I talked with the guy and that's what he did, cowl hood, SS badges, etc. Looks cool!

Back