• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Think I may have unexpectedly found my next project car... pics

I honestly WANT the car. I really like it. I was looking at it again yesterday thinking how cool it would be to restore that and drive it with the family in there.

Guess it wasn't mean to be...

Jeremy:

This hasn't been a good month for you car wise. On the plus side, there are some life lessons of value that may come from this. For example:

1. Put the money (at least a deposit) in the seller's hand when they offer up a car you want at an attractive price, don't wait.

2. If you told your potential future MIL that she should consider the car sold at $1500 and she agreed then apparently she does not have a strong sense of personal integrity and her word really means nothing. This may be a very significant piece of information that may come into focus in the future.

3. Assuming she isn't desparate for money to live on, apparently that car and the notion of keeping it in the family means far less to her than the inflated money she hopes to net from its sale. The logical conclusion I draw from that is the car is just another "thing" that can be sold and it really has no sentimental value to her.

4. When the car doesn't sell at $12K and she comes back to you with hopes of selling it to you, tell her you've reconsidered and you aren't really interested at $1500, but at $1000 you might be willing to take it off her hands. Then put 10-$100 dollar bills on the table and stare at her. At the end of a minute, pick up the money and go home!!!

Feel free to disregard any or all of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hmm

The future MIL will probably never relent to go down on the selling price to $1500 willingly. However, there's a possible compromise:

Have her sell it to you for $1500, and if you sell it in the future, you'll split 50/50 with the MIL the selling price. That gives you an incentive to keep it, and her an incentive to obtain an even higher price should you restore it.

"JeffTepper" said:
Jeremy:

2. If you told your potential future MIL that she should consider the car sold at $1500 and she agreed then apparently she does not have a strong sense of personal integrity and her word really means nothing. This may be a very significant piece of information that may come into focus in the future.

I think you his the nail on the head with this one Jeff. My opinion of her has changed greatly now. I'll leave it at that.

Yeah, but if you don't let it go, it'll end up driving a wedge between you and B. She'll get tired of you endlessly going on about how much of a rotten sob her stepwitch is.

We'll still be here for you though....we like whiners............to make fun of :bash

has your women said anything to them? Not that she should get in the middle of a buisness deal, but she has a lot more experience reasoning with them im sure.

She is with me on this one, she even called her greedy. I guess the step Mom's side is known for that...

I don't mention it to Bonnie. I just fester over it.

Maybe you should list her phone # and we can all take turns calling about the car and offering 1,000-2,000 buckaroos.

"silverblueBP" said:
Maybe you should list her phone # and we can all take turns calling about the car and offering 1,000-2,000 buckaroos.
I think this is where I would use the "+1" post but not really sure what that means so I'll say "I like that idea!"

"silverblueBP" said:

It's one of those fancy numbers though Mark.. Starts with a 9 and some zeros... she always has to go to da back room to answer it though.

"70_Fastback" said:
It's one of those fancy numbers though Mark.. Starts with a 9 and some zeros... she always has to go to da back room to answer it though.

I know not of this fancy number :yikes

Hey.... look what I took a picture of. On FUGGIN April 9th, @ 2 0 1 1...

almost 2 YEARS later...(19 June 2009)

Attachments

• 0409111632.jpg
    763.3 KB · Views: 100
I called and offered $3,500. I'm going to pick it up Saturday.

"70_Fastback" said:
Hey.... look what I took a picture of. On FUGGIN April 9th, @ 2 0 1 1...

almost 2 YEARS later...(19 June 2009)

This.......again...............................just buy the darn thing already.......

Back