• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Update on the Silver Bullitt

hmm drive it back after knotts sounds like a good idea. although not sure if you could handle it no power brakes or steering 4 speed radio and speakers are good (if you crank it up you can kinda hear over the exhaust at highway speeds)

Oh, don't worry. I don't use power steering either and besides, I can simply sing to myself if the radio craps out.

Trap door speaker holes cut...
4amu4y3u.jpg

uda9yhen.jpg

u6u6e8y6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I simply stretched them to yes a nice tight fit.

guhesa3y.jpg

eryza2ap.jpg

How to hold the trap door during painting.....at least my way :bowdown

yse8ezan.jpg

Do you have your elves painting it? With an adjustable "paint" hoist, get it up to a workable height....

oh good god, I had it cranked up way high. Just took the pic during set up. Or was I on my knees?

Man I could of saved you the trouble of cutting that new one up I have a original in my garage that has 2 5inch speaker holes in it. I'm trying to figure out if all the misc parts I have would fit in the car for the trip up

Justin

I hope you don't connect those speakers to a radio ?????

2 mikes ( no , not 2 KBMWRS's ) at the tailpipe ends , an amplifier with the speakers connected to.

That should give a blast !!! :wor :wor

BTW what is an original "perfect" trap door going for these days?

New part of rear seat getting ready for paint.
e2ane3ab.jpg

Looking good Craig! You really should make this into a side business. I wish there was enough money in it for me to make a living at. I'm getting tired of working on newer cars!

"B67FSTB" said:
Justin

I hope you don't connect those speakers to a radio ?????

2 mikes ( no , not 2 KBMWRS's ) at the tailpipe ends , an amplifier with the speakers connected to.

That should give a blast !!! :wor :wor

That's actually what manufacturers are doing these days. Porsche amps in engine noise to the speakers...to get that sound.

Others are making holes in the cabin to let sound in...Mustang.

And otheres are using speakers to counter road noise ala Noise Cancelling.

"KBMWRS" said:
That's actually what manufacturers are doing these days. Porsche amps in engine noise to the speakers...to get that sound.

Others are making holes in the cabin to let sound in...Mustang.

And otheres are using speakers to counter road noise ala Noise Cancelling.

yep , mercedes did it with the latest SLK.......embarresing IMO.

Back