• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

VMF...You have insufficient privileges to reply here

I don't know the particulars but Mike was banned by the VMF owner years ago. Whether for some actual rule breaking stuff or because he rubbed Bob the wrong way, I don't know. How he's been an asset to Stangfix speaks in his favor in being readmitted to the VMF. However instead of asking the forum staff about letting bygones be bygones and giving him another chance he chose to make and end run around his ban and sneak on. So to speak. Puts a bit of a different light on things, yes?

Who was that ex-marine from NC who built Eleanors? On the tip of my tongue. Anyway I swear he was banned and readmitted to the VMF like ten times and holds the record. He was here for quite a while too. Always up front about what he did though.

Sanborn! That guy. Not only up front about his doings but in your face with it if at all possible.

You can't really blame the guy for wanting to screw with the admins on VMF. I mean, they did screw him over. I still say let him back in so he can see what a shit show it's become. I even gave up commenting...well 99.9% gave up.

Get the iron out my shirt is wrinkled.:D Yeah there does seem to be one still following orders with no idea why...that's the point. Do I poke? Hecka yeah.
I don't even know why I was banned.....no one does because I think bob confused my poking with other's rants and hit the ban button because of his zero tolerance policy. And it continued until I could log into VMF years later. I've been on it again for years. No problems. And now since I noted I thought I had a problem (of my own making as I noted) on SF, bingo I lost my privileges on VMF. So continue following orders and get another colored shirt (ya see that poking thing just keeps coming back:p....) maybe a floral print.

Thanks Terry...I know where you live....you too Markie;)

So I take it you have been hesitant to ask for help directly on the VMF because you have used this second account to get around being banned on your original account. is that correct?
Yep...its really probably my 4th account...2nd through 3rd was banned. But the 4th was all good for years...until the latest problem of my own making concerning my VPN. And my too fast response here about it brought on the latest ban or rather 'no privileges'. I never could connect the dots on how that happened. ;)

I am aware of the particulars for the first banning: Mikey questioned a photo of several planes around Mt. Fuji, believing the photo was photoshoped. The original owner, who posted the Mt. Fuji picture, IIRC, was very upset about questioning the veracity of the photo. As others have said, it was total BS for Mikey to be banned. I knew I was next in line, so I stopped posting (except for classifieds) on VMF just prior to Stangfix being started up.

The best moderators are those who moderate the least, and any when absolutely necessary. I'm not sure that VMF follows that, as clearly some moderators still have thin skin. Let it go, GypsyR...let it go.

I am aware of the particulars for the first banning: Mikey questioned a photo of several planes around Mt. Fuji, believing the photo was photoshoped. The original owner, who posted the Mt. Fuji picture, IIRC, was very upset about questioning the veracity of the photo. As others have said, it was total BS for Mikey to be banned. I knew I was next in line, so I stopped posting (except for classifieds) on VMF just prior to Stangfix being started up.

The best moderators are those who moderate the least, and any when absolutely necessary. I'm not sure that VMF follows that, as clearly some moderators still have thin skin. Let it go, GypsyR...let it go.
This is the 2nd time I have seen this story, and that Mikey was banned by Bob for a fairly innocent comment about said photo. Thank you for collaborating on the story for me. I think that there may also be another component to this, but I still need another source to verify it.

Well I just spoke up here since I can't publicly communicate with KBMWRS on the VMF currently. Some of the moderating team suspected that the original banning might have been because of a personal issue with the then forum owner. As such we were quite willing to let that go. Then further info came to light. Generally when people are temporarily banned and take pains to circumvent that ban by use of an alternate name, address, etc, then universally THAT action tends to result in a permanent ban. That isn't VMF official policy it's just standard procedure on a LOT of internet forums. One such forum I am a member of is exclusively for moderators of forums and approximately 1500 forums are represented there. Lots of discussion there amongst the unpaid volunteers about how to handle common forum problems and what procedures tend to work best. The time of having single owner at VMF are long gone and things are run more according to how that collective has found to work well. A bit of the old VMF style does remain, certainly. We hope not in a bad way. Every forum needs it's own style.

All that said, it appears that KBMWRS is happy enough to continue circumventing his banning and joining in on the forum in his own way but will not be rejoining the VMF under his original handle any time in the foreseeable future.

Well I just spoke up here since I can't publicly communicate with KBMWRS on the VMF currently. Some of the moderating team suspected that the original banning might have been because of a personal issue with the then forum owner. As such we were quite willing to let that go. Then further info came to light. Generally when people are temporarily banned and take pains to circumvent that ban by use of an alternate name, address, etc, then universally THAT action tends to result in a permanent ban. That isn't VMF official policy it's just standard procedure on a LOT of internet forums. One such forum I am a member of is exclusively for moderators of forums and approximately 1500 forums are represented there. Lots of discussion there amongst the unpaid volunteers about how to handle common forum problems and what procedures tend to work best. The time of having single owner at VMF are long gone and things are run more according to how that collective has found to work well. A bit of the old VMF style does remain, certainly. We hope not in a bad way. Every forum needs it's own style.

All that said, it appears that KBMWRS is happy enough to continue circumventing his banning and joining in on the forum in his own way but will not be rejoining the VMF under his original handle any time in the foreseeable future.

These heavy-handed actions are the exact reason Stangfix was created and why it is so much more enjoyable than anything VMF had to offer. Too many moderators let the “job” go to their head and think they are god. I am a member of another big forum, but have never posted because of the piss poor way it is moderated. I find some useful information on that forum but keep my mouth shut so I don’t get into a fight. I have done the same on VMF since I came to Stangfix. I rarely even visit VMF anymore as I get zero enjoyment out of it and my time is too valuable to deal with crap.

I had to circumvent the process otherwise immediate ban which as I stated happened a few times. I’m sure VMF knows of all the posts I have made which were all very controversial during the past few years. The one about turn signals comes to mind. Very very upsetting

I can provide you contact/phone information for Mike if you so desire.

Back