• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wanted - '67 Vert

Re golden convertibles, I've got 17K invested into my 68 and it's mechanically new front to back (all my labor), and not painted yet. The interior is also done. With professional paint jobs running around 10K, I'd be close to 30K if I to took it apart to paint it. I plan to leave it with the beater look. Most people selling 30K cars are loosing money if they paid to have the work done. Not saying these are priced realistically, just guys trying to get money out of their project, or flippers that have already found that seller that needed out.
15K swap meet cars are a gamble, 30K cars don't sell at swap meets. I have found the sellers are either in the resto business using 30K cars as draws to their spot, or a guy that pay for a spot to show off their really nice car... usually priced so high it would never get a serious look other than people quietly commenting on how ridiculous the price is. I'd be inclined to buy the 7K complete fixer upper.
Just my 2 cents, YMMV.

Back