• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

We all know fastbacks are king but...

What bodystyle is your mustang?

• Coupe

Votes: 37 37.0%
  • Convertible

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Fastback (2+2)

Votes: 52 52.0%

• Total voters
Now you've opened up a whole new can of worms.
70 was the best year. They got it dead on for the muscle look.

65/66 were secretaries cars. :nut :hide

"RapidRabbit" said:

:kneel

"70 StangMan" said:
Hell this is so much fun why not do a "which is better" '65/'66 vs '67/68. '67/68 vs '69/'70. '69/'70 vs '71/'73 etc. etc. etc.
That one gets a whole lot tougher. I've only had 65/66's myself and , honestly, probably want any other year (OK, maybe 69). My first car was a 65 coupe so you know how that goes. Later years, have a pretty big card to play with big block engines.

WTH, start it up and let's see how she goes.

"RapidRabbit" said:

I believe you meant to type 69. 70 was the year things started to go south for mustangs, IMHO. The 69 front end is pure BA. The quarter scoops too. 70 saw the end of both.

I didn't really care for the 4 headlight look an the 69's. the scoops were a little cheesy too.
70 had cleaner lines.

"RapidRabbit" said:
I didn't really care for the 4 headlight look an the 69's. the scoops were a little cheesy too.
70 had cleaner lines.
See this is why a generation post could be lots of fun and very interesting. Much more open to peoples likes and dislikes of this or that per model year.

I like the 1970 cars....Waffles' car is BA for example.

The rest of the cars after 1970...not so much. There's a reason most of the later 70's cars are no more and people have chopped the front ends off to use on their hot rods, etc.

A friend in the local car club has a '73 Vert...freaking thing is a boat.

65/66 were bare bones, testosterone dripping, race cars. They had to fatten em up and girlie them up to satisfy the growing metrosexuals.

"silverblueBP" said:
65/66 were bare bones, testosterone dripping, race cars. They had to fatten em up and girlie them up to satisfy the growing metrosexuals.
Who added things like ginormous hood scoops and such?

"Horseplay" said:
I believe you meant to type 69. 70 was the year things started to go south for mustangs, IMHO. The 69 front end is pure BA. The quarter scoops too. 70 saw the end of both.

+1. Your insight is extraordinary.

"RapidRabbit" said:
70 had cleaner lines.
Ding Ding Ding .... Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. :thu :thu :thu

"silverblueBP" said:
No wonder they kicked you and your ears out of Florida.

we all know the 74 Mustang II Ghia with the Landau vinyl roof and a 4 cylinder automatic is by far the best Mustang ever!
But seriously, when I was young I always wanted a 65/66. My first car was a 67coupe and I realized that they were my favorite. Of course I would love to have any Mustang including the Mustang II's. I didn't care much for the 71-73 when they were new but now I think I'd like to have one of those too. In fact, I think I'd like to have one Mustang from each year!!!
I am ashamed to admit I'd even love to have a Grabber Orange Mustang!

Re: Re: We all know fastbacks are king but...

"tarafied1" said:
we all know the 74 Mustang II Ghia with the Landau vinyl roof and a 4 cylinder automatic is by far the best Mustang

Lol, last year I told my wife she could get a mustang to take to shows with me and sure enough that's what she picked. Except for the 4 cylinder part . Needless to say she has not gotten one yet. Not sure I could look at that in my garage.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

"RapidRabbit" said:
70 had cleaner lines.

Although I own a 67, I think the 70 is the epitome of the TRUE pony car design. Sleak and sexy.

Bill

Bottom line (for me) is driving down the road and seeing ANY old Mustang on the road gets my undivided attention. Year, Body style etc, etc, doesn't matter. I just love to see them out on the road. As far as the Shows go...I look and slobber over all the different years and body styles because after all they are all classic Mustangs. ( except :Mark's , on a roll back is not very interesting )

Back