• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What did you get done on your Stang today????

I actually tried to work on the stang today. Haven't touched it in over 2 months. I picked up a tefba filter and thought I would get the upper radiator hose installed. Wrong!

I got it off eBay and stupid me I guess I read the listing wrong. I needed a 1.5" and ended up with a 1.25" . Doh!

Shut the hood, pulled the car cover back on and walked away.

Any know a good source for these filters?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Re: Re: What did you get done on your Stang today????

"lethal289" said:
Pat, are you ready to give that car to me yet? Ill take care of it since your moving. :shee

I am about ready to give it up for adoption. Or push it out in front of the UPS truck.
I sure can't take care of it anymore.

Spent the weekend celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. We drove the my mustang to the Museum, Dinner and Concert ("Blast"). It was a blast!

"RapidRabbit" said:
I actually tried to work on the stang today. Haven't touched it in over 2 months. I picked up a tefba filter and thought I would get the upper radiator hose installed. Wrong!

I got it off eBay and stupid me I guess I read the listing wrong. I needed a 1.5" and ended up with a 1.25" . Doh!

Shut the hood, pulled the car cover back on and walked away.

Any know a good source for these filters?

FasterJags.com is the USA outlet for them. I see they are selling them on ebay. Those filters have gone up in price as compared to back when I did a group buy.

Final steps of engine rebuild. Bolted on the oil pan

the fuel pump

the water neck

and just for fun I stabbed in the dizzie

991-131111211438-89422053.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a GORGEOUS day to be outside and pull the suspension. Unfortunately the entire day was shot dealing with a job issue on the phone. In order to salvage some of the day and get something done, I got the heater case all pulled apart and inspected so I can restore it with new seals and a new core. It wasn't much, but at least it was something!

Hi Craig. Do you recognize the water pump? You helped me install it in the parking lot in Buena Park in April '08. As you can see it's still a very low mile piece.

I picked up all the window trim from the body shop. I going to polish it out before they are ready to install. I hope to also remove some of the dents in it.

"janschutz" said:
I picked up all the window trim from the body shop. I going to polish it out before they are ready to install. I hope to also remove some of the dents in it.

I like restoring trim pieces. Sure wish I had another project.....

"cmayna" said:
I like restoring trim pieces. Sure wish I had another project.....
I could send you a big box full of trim pieces. I never throw original stainless steel pieces away.

Not much recently, the replacement wheel arrived, so it's movable once again. My 7 year old son who has been terrified of the car shocked me on Friday morning. We drive him to school rather than put him on the bus, we live in a rural area and he is the first stop of the route, so if he takes the bus he is riding it for nearly 40 minutes. The school is less than 3 miles away, so we drive him in, anyway, he asked if I could drive him to school in the "scary car" as he calls it. No problem at all, put him a a booster seat up front and away we went, when we pulled up at school a lot of his friends were there and they were very excited.

Attachments

• DSC_0746.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 103
Still dialing in my choke. Getting closer: finally got a high cold idle (a bit too high), and a slightly low hot idle.

I've done my best work from the computer keyboard lately... :roll Been on a bit of a bargain shopping spree. :pbj

New Rear Centric rotors - closeout for $6.33 each shipped! (normally ~$35 ea) :pbj
New Front Powerslot rotors, cryo-treated - $59/ each! (regular ~$120 ea) :yah
New Front Hawk brakepads - clearance - $32

New Set of 4 - Hankook V12 Evo 225/50/16 Tires - $320 delivered

Still working on shocks & struts... deals have been tougher to find there. Maybe a Black Friday special somewhere? :shrug Kind of leaning toward Koni Str.T's or ????? :confu

Turned this mess...
photobucket-3099-1321123513884.jpg

into this.....
photobucket-2214-1321819132515.jpg

Making a major effort to get my garage back in order. It been neglected for the past 15 months due to the new house and the new baby.... I'm getting back on top of things and once the garage is back in order, I'm planning on getting back to the car a couple nights a week. Still have lots of cleaning to go....

Back