• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What did you get done on your Stang today????

The stang and I went deer hunting. first time in a long time I was sitting in the stand wearing a t-shirt. Too warm for good hunting. Only saw crows. There is one less crow today.

Cut another 1/2 coil off the front springs in the convertible, looking for the right stance. It's now 1 full coil cut off. Looks much better. Also tried to figure out my coolant flow issue. Engine gets hot, lower hose gets warm, upper hose stays cold. Removed thermostat and boiled it on the stove to ensure it was opening, it was. Put it back together, filled the radiator, started it without the cap. After about 5 minutes, coolant shot out of the open radiator like a geyser. I can guess there was a lot of air trapped in there and finally burped. Topped of coolant and all seems to be good. Never had a trapped air situation as severe as this before. This weekend the rear brakes finally get done.

Was planning on working on the Mach today... but the welder suddenly won't turn on. Electricity is good all the way up to the welder plug. Hoping it's just the switch, but I have not clue. Hobart Handler 175...

Sorting through this mess :puk
photobucket-3099-1321123513884.jpg

Trying to decide what is good, what is worth selling and what is just JUNK and then moving it to its new home upstairs....
photobucket-3373-1321123583475.jpg

These pictures are less than half of what I've collected..... I have a hard time tossing original stuff or anything for that matter since I still have two unfinished cars.... I was watching the TV show Hoarders the other night, I think I may be one of them,,,, :hs

Took mine out for one last drive and put it away for the winter. I will be doing a couple things to it this winter. First and formost will be rebuiding the pedal support and then an 8 inch trac lok with 325 gears. Then I may pull the trigger on a new retro sound radio and all new speakers.

"cmayna" said:
OMG what a mess of parts. Shiaattt, you should start your own Mustang parts depot.
Right! Problem is, I'm the only one who sees any value in it.....

Got the second new carb. installed and adjusted. Runs great. Sealed a small intake leak. Now she's ready for the next 8 months of cruising.

Didn't do anything on the mustang itself... but I did mail out my wiring harness to Midlife today. One tiny step closer! :thu

1 commie hat headed to :shee man so he can be wearing at least something when he personally delivers the wiring.

On second thought, knowing his desire for wool, maybe he would turn the hat into a palm liner.....er glove...

er ewwww!

Finished tearing down my motor. Off to the engine builder in a few days. Cleaned up my tools, and started putting the leftover parts away.
motor2-1.jpg

motor3-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the coupe moved and the area underneath all cleaned up. Then I moved it back and up in the air...hopefully for the last time. Tomorrow the front and rear suspension is coming off (the rear for the last time, the front for the only time...hopefully!).

Back