• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What did you get done on your Stang today????

Ummmm...it wasn't until 1975 or so that the flasher units were part of the fuse block. Typically, a non-flashing turn signal indicates too high a resistance (e.g. burned out bulb). A good test is whether your four-way flashers work; if they do, then there's something amiss with your normal turn signal flashing circuitry.
see...I told you Mid could give you better advice. On my 71 F100 there are two flashers, one for the turn signals and one for the flashers. I can't honestly remember if they are on the fuse block or not.....so i will not argue the point as to date!!

I thought the 69-70's had two flashers, one on each side of the center part of the dash. Around the area of the heating/AC controls.

From infinity and beyond.

Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Ummmm...it wasn't until 1975 or so that the flasher units were part of the fuse block. Typically, a non-flashing turn signal indicates too high a resistance (e.g. burned out bulb). A good test is whether your four-way flashers work; if they do, then there's something amiss with your normal turn signal flashing circuitry.

That would explain why I saw a 'hazard flasher' fuse but not a turn indicator fuse in my fuse box. The hazard indicators work, and all bulbs have both filaments intact. The turn signals come on solid, front and back, they just dont blink. Hence the focus on the turn signal switch in the steering column.
As always, your insight is appreciated, Randy...

That would explain why I saw a 'hazard flasher' fuse but not a turn indicator fuse in my fuse box. The hazard indicators work, and all bulbs have both filaments intact. The turn signals come on solid, front and back, they just dont blink. Hence the focus on the turn signal switch in the steering column.
As always, your insight is appreciated, Randy...

I still say bad turn signal flasher........if the lights all come on with the hazard switch, and flash, the circuitry is most likely ok. Look for the other flasher unit.......easy check, easy fix, saves the trouble from pulling the steering wheel to get to the turn signal switch.

I thought the 69-70's had two flashers, one on each side of the center part of the dash. Around the area of the heating/AC controls.

From infinity and beyond.

Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Not sure what you mean by two 'flashers' in the cabin of the car?? My in car indicators are in the gauge cluster. The indicator arm come directly out of the steering wheel column, where it screws into the turn signal switch. The hazard flashers post is on the other side, facing the passenger side, of the steering wheel...

OK, I did some research, gotta love Google, and understand what the flashers are, and what you guys, (Randy, kb3 and Grabber70Mach), are talking about.
Seems that they are both easier and less expensive than the turn signal switch, ($13 vs. $71), so I will give that a try first, and just detail my steering wheel while its off...
Very much appreciated fellas...

Not sure what you mean by two 'flashers' in the cabin of the car?? My in car indicators are in the gauge cluster. The indicator arm come directly out of the steering wheel column, where it screws into the turn signal switch. The hazard flashers post is on the other side, facing the passenger side, of the steering wheel...
Hopefully you will luck out and that will be it....easy fix! Sorry, didn't realize you were not familiar with the flasher unit or I would have been a bit more specific. Good Luck!!!

Hopefully you will luck out and that will be it....easy fix! Sorry, didn't realize you were not familiar with the flasher unit or I would have been a bit more specific. Good Luck!!!
No worries, I learn something new, it seems, every time I have another issue with the Boss...
I too am hopeful that I luck out as well!

Yeah, at this point I would suspect the flasher can. If you find both flasher cans in your car, simply swap them and if your turn signals now work, that's a good indication that the original one went sour.

Finished up the flasher issue this evening. Finding the offensive flasher can was quick and easy. After a trip to the local auto parts store, and five minutes of work, all is back in order, and I am a signalling fool once again. The hardest part was getting back out of the passenger compartment footwell from my back... Thanks again fellas...

Was going to get one of the cars ready for the track and go race today but last minute issues with the city cancelled the race!

Darn it!

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Nothing today but on Saturday I primed the interior and on Sunday I painted the under body and engine compartment.

2015-07-26-04_zpsynpmnsgw.jpg
2015-07-26-03_zpsmdwitbra.jpg
2015-07-26-02_zpsrjuyzjzx.jpg
2015-07-26-01_zpsd3i0e1qq.jpg

Depends. It took me 9 years to get to this point. I have to hang the doors and fenders and since they are Dynacorn pieces, I fear there will be some extensive body work to do. Once I get that all done, I will probably jump back on the interior. I got Eastwood's equivalent to Dynomat so we will see how it goes.

awesome 9 years is a long time BUT it will be well worth it when you get her done. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Finished the rebuild of the 4100 for my '65GTFB. I believe it to be the first ever rebuild for the carb. When pulling it out to go for a drive with my wife several weeks ago she noticed some thing leaking as I pulled out. It had fuel squirting out of the primary accelerator pump. She may not know what the parts are called but she is great at knowing when some thing doesn't look for smell right. Has saved me several times from having worse problems. Best one was after a bunch of work on our '65 F100 I had her watching the engine when I started it to see if it would settle in a little more on the new motor mounts and she said "Should there be stuff leaking from the thing?". That was all I needed to know, and no fuel should not be coming out between the two halves of the fuel pump.

Back