• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What is your reaction to being kicked in the nuts?

I just don't get people who refuse or don't have the balls to keep their kids in line. My boys and I play games in the evenings, and they know I love them to death, etc but it is not my job to be their "friend" or "buddy" like so many believe these days.

I know in school they get a folder sent home every day and in that folder is a conduct sheet. They color this conduct sheet to let you know how they did that day behavior wise. Green is good behavior, yellow is called down once and not sure what comes after yellow mainly because each of my boys have gotten a yellow one time each, but only one time and I don't know the colors after yellow because my boys know better than to go there.

There is a boy that lives on the next street that isn't allowed at my house any more or even to hang with my boys. He's never given me any trouble when he's over but his mom came over one evening to get him and he didn't want to go. She's a nurse that works evenings and she was going to be late to work. She told him to get his shoes on and he started throwing a tantrum, called her an idiot, etc. Her response was counting to three and when he was slow she added 2 1/2...she's not in any danger of winning a parent of the year award to say the least. When they went outside he literally kicked her van. I can promise you either of my two boys ever acted like that it would be the only time they made that mistake.

It amazes me the way that kids are raised these days. I am not an old man (34) but seeing the kids of today makes me wonder where this country is going. When I was growing up if I did something wrong at a friends house I was going to get my butt blistered there and then again when I got home. I see kids now that are throwing a fit in the store and their mommy gives them a piece of candy to get them to stop. Don't reward them beat their ass on the spot and fix the problem. I cant even drive through my neighborhood with out having to drive around some teenager that is walking in the middle of the road not using the sidewalk. God forbid I should beep my horn at them they will give you the bird or their retarded parents will come out of the house yelling at you for trying to correct their little angel. I couldn't tell you how many times my cars or my neighbors cars have been egged by the little bastards.

My wife teaches 1st & 2nd Grade at a school that only takes only A.D.D. and Dyslexic kids. There are time where she comes home and says that so-and-so just needs a spanking. These kids might have a problem but it is also a learned response of wheat they can get by with.

"janschutz" said:
My wife teaches 1st & 2nd Grade at a school that only takes only A.D.D. and Dyslexic kids. There are time where she comes home and says that so-and-so just needs a spanking. These kids might have a problem but it is also a learned response of wheat they can get by with.

yep, there wasn't any such thing as A.D.D. when i was a kid. if you were A.D.D., you got your ass tore up & you didn't have the affliction anymore. our kids are 18 & 20 now, but there were told numerous times, " i'll be your friend when you are grown, it's my job to be your parent till then".

I think it was a good observation by my pastor one time that he pointed out kids with "A.D.D." seem to often be able to sit and play video games for hours on end but claim they can't concentrate for long in class, etc.

I am still wondering where the counting thing(1....2....3) came from,the wwf?
My kid looked at my wife the first time I spanked her and said"daddy don't count" and my wife said "no he doesn't". :sur
She is 13 now and reasonably well behaved.

I don't remember ever hearing any counting when I was a kid, it was just said once...you didn't want to hear it again :scar

I had a 12 year old boy come up to me one time and punched me right in the nuts. Without even thinking I back handed this kid right off his feet. He went home crying and his dad came over and got right in my face. I grabbed the dad right by the throat and backed him into a wall. Told him if his kid ever punched me in the nuts again he did not have to ever worry about me hitting his kid again because I would rip his head off. Never had a problem again.

Back