• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Who here has bought and sold a lot of homes?

So, the sellers have a contractor go to the house, look over the items and they came back offering 1K. They said most of the items were maintenence items and they didn't feel it their responsibility.

Funny how they realize they are general maintenance items, yet were incapable & negligent to do them themselves. If I were a vindictive type of person, I could have some fun.

I'm sure that at some point, karma will rear it's ugly head :whis If we didn't like the house so much, I'll back out and leave them hanging. Sometimes, you just have to realize that not everyone has the same standards that you do...or so I've been told.

"silverblueBP" said:
So, the sellers have a contractor go to the house, look over the items and they came back offering 1K. They said most of the items were maintenence items and they didn't feel it their responsibility.

Funny how they realize they are general maintenance items, yet were incapable & negligent to do them themselves. If I were a vindictive type of person, I could have some fun.

I'm sure that at some point, karma will rear it's ugly head :whis If we didn't like the house so much, I'll back out and leave them hanging. Sometimes, you just have to realize that not everyone has the same standards that you do...or so I've been told.
It's not being unreasonable at all to discount the value of neglected repairs. It's true they don't have to accept but you also don't have to pay more. It's still a buyers market. Would you pay premium price for a used car that the owner had never done maintenance on? Of course not. The vehicle value is adjusted to represent the present condition. Same for a home. Think about it. How many people want to move to Iowa? You're in the drivers seat. :whis

"Horseplay" said:
"silverblueBP" said:

It's not being unreasonable at all to discount the value of neglected repairs. It's true they don't have to accept but you also don't have to pay more. It's still a buyers market. Would you pay premium price for a used car that the owner had never done maintenance on? Of course not. The vehicle value is adjusted to represent the present condition. Same for a home. Think about it. How many people want to move to Iowa? You're in the drivers seat. :whis
That's why he's so confused.

"70 StangMan" said:
"Horseplay" said:
"silverblueBP" said:

I can always count on you Dale!

"silverblueBP" said:
"70 StangMan" said:
"Horseplay" said:
"silverblueBP" said:

I can always count on you Dale!
Like Death and Taxes. :yah

Back