• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Why do people think we need crap like this?

Regarding the various bells and buzzers, I saw a show a short time back about BMW. They employ a sound engineer whose ONLY job is to make up what he feels are the most appropriate tones or chimes for the given function for a specific car model. He explained that one tone for a given function in a smaller model may not be "appropriate" for the same function in a larger model. Sheeesh!!!

If the driver doesn't heed the warning and continues to drive tired, the system will warn again, but this time more dramatically

on the 2014 models

you didn't do a good job washing me
you don't maintain me like you use too
can't pass a mall
I'm tired too

"Ponyman66" said:
Regarding the various bells and buzzers, I saw a show a short time back about BMW. They employ a sound engineer whose ONLY job is to make up what he feels are the most appropriate tones or chimes for the given function for a specific car model. He explained that one tone for a given function in a smaller model may not be "appropriate" for the same function in a larger model. Sheeesh!!!

They carry this as far as the sounds of the engine, and even the noise from wipers. I know if you buy a new Z4, you can choose the amount of sound from the engine compartment, etc. The 7 series flips the wipers occasionally to avoid that annoying skip sound from wipers that take a set. Germans love details.

Damn nice cars, though - I've had very good service from them.

New 2011+ Mustangs have a sound tube from the engine to the drivers side compartment......wow.....

"AzPete" said:
New 2011+ Mustangs have a sound tube from the engine to the drivers side compartment......wow.....

My 66 has 2 - 2 1/2" sound tubes right behind both doors!

"silverblueBP" said:
My 66 has 2 - 2 1/2" sound tubes right behind both doors!

7200 RPM in a Cleveland in top gear is without a doubt the sexiest sound anywhere on the planet.

Back