• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Winter Mustang project(s) agenda?

I have so many...
but I would like to get AC in the 67 before the Power Tour and finish my alternator upgrade.
I also have the rear frame rails for the drag car so I might start cutting the back half out. I wish J was closer, I can't weld to trust anybody's life! I'm going to mini-tub it while I'm at it. I also need to go see Bill and help work on his 67FB or at least trade some parts!
I might try to make a steel Elly hood too...
I could go on and on!

I've got the fastback up in Michigan at Barry R's place, Survival motorsports. I don't know if you guys are familiar with him but he's one of the premier FE gurus in the U.S.
Barry's gonna spin some of his magic on my tunnel port so it'll be more powerful yet more streetable. Can't wait till spring so I can drive it again!

Help Jeremy re-align his front end once he gets the adjustabe strut rods made & installed.

"70_Fastback" said:
Nice plan Bob!
:roll
We can do that, no problem, just say when! :thu

For starters we have about a week of winter here, LOL!

No plans for the Mustang but I have some things I need to get done on the Trans Am....

Well the winter plan here is to finish the efi swap. Maybe......... :confu
I have been seriously contemplating canning the EFI swap and rebuilding my original engine. :roul

I still have to :

Run fuel lines and fuel pump.
install exhaust system
power steering hoses
Wire up the 3g alternator
Find someone to weld up the rusty front frame rails so I can get the bumper back on.

"70_Fastback" said:
Jeremy:
Have BobV teach you how to do alignments; it's not rocket science (obviously, since Bob and I can do it). The tools are cheap as well.

I also plan on stripping this down and having the tins painted
photobucket-1864-1322695446450.jpg

Probably should paint it primer gray to match my cars........

Last edited by a moderator:
"RapidRabbit" said:
Well the winter plan here is to finish the efi swap. Maybe......... :confu
I have been seriously contemplating canning the EFI swap and rebuilding my original engine. :roul

I still have to :

Run fuel lines and fuel pump.
install exhaust system
power steering hoses
Wire up the 3g alternator
Find someone to weld up the rusty front frame rails so I can get the bumper back on.
too bad we weren't all closer. I've heard of car clubs that member take turns working on each other's projects. I'd really love to go for a ride in the EFI'd vert on the Power Tour!

Re: Re: Winter Mustang project(s) agenda?

"tarafied1" said:
too bad we weren't all closer. I've heard of car clubs that member take turns working on each other's projects. I'd really love to go for a ride in the EFI'd vert on the Power Tour!

It sure would be nice if I had someone closer to help me. I have no car friends up here that know how to do anything. I am still hoping to make the power tour. I was very depressed when I cancelled all the hotels and sat home that week last summer.

Jen is going to Florida next week with alaina so I get some free time to work on the car. Maybe I can actually get something done.

All it takes is a first class ticket, isle seating on h00ters airlines and I'll be there.

I thought you only flew playboy airlines. Don't you have some frequent flier miles you need to use up on there?

Well if someone doesn't fly me somewhere soon, I might be committing myself to a couple Mustangs that a local Mustang shop wants me to work on. Heck, it'll generate some extra spending moola for me.

Fixing the quarter where it cracked when I rolled the lip. It was not really noticeable on the top side but was pretty shitty looking underneath.
I was never quite happy with the radius of the lip so I fixed that and removed some filler from the drop behind the wheel to get the roll to look right. I probably could have just airbrushed the underside of the lip and been done. No one ever noticed the issue on the drop but I did not like it so I fixed 'em all.

Also put a brand new Carlite windshield in it.

Winter's over in Texas.

in primer
1-031211155307-90641461.jpeg

Back masking done
1-031211155308-90651056.jpeg

Sealer applied. Since the car was sealed originally, I had to seal over the primer to get a proper match.
1-031211155309-9067307.jpeg

Base coated
1-031211155314-9070253.jpeg

Cleared
1-031211155317-907388.jpeg

Demasked
1-031211155318-9074899.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
"tarafied1" said:
I also need to go see Bill and help work on his 67FB or at least trade some parts!

This... and try to find the motivation to actually get something accomplished on the 67. I've not really put much time in it since this summer. Guess that's why it still looks like the pic in my sig :nut

Bill

Have all of the parts to put disc brakes on the 64 1/2 and 66. Going to go with the KH ordinal disc.

Back