• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Winter really sucks

"daveSanborn" said:
Maybe you could use the approaching winter months to un- :gobp your garage.....

Not worth the effort Dave!

I like winter. I get to drive to the snow, ski and then come home and drive the '67.

Oh yeah...its bad out here. A terrible place to live. :kaid

"silverblueBP" said:
It's the saddest time of year, the car's up on stands, winterized and covered. Won't see daylight again for 6 months :boohoo

It will just sit, patiently waiting.......till it can chase a Cruzer once more.

I didn't winterize a THING on my Mustang this year....

Oh wait... :cry

See, it could be worse. :stfu

yeah winter sucks but like the Texans we don't don't get much snow and it's a short season so I don't mothball the car. I drive anyday I can, and sometimes I get caught in the snow!
72_12_03_09_5_31_03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"tarafied1" said:
yeah winter sucks but like the Texans we don't don't get much snow and it's a short season so I don't mothball the car. I drive anyday I can, and sometimes I get caught in the snow!
72_12_03_09_5_31_03.jpg
For me, Getting caught in the snow is not the problem. Its all the damn salt on the road.

Craig, are you wearing a ski mask, in your rear view mirror, while holding your cel phone taking the picture?

"lethal289" said:
For me, Getting caught in the snow is not the problem. Its all the damn salt on the road.
They don't use salt down here, if it's even rumored to snow they close EVERYTHING!

"silverblueBP" said:
It's the saddest time of year, the car's up on stands, winterized and covered. Won't see daylight again for 6 months :boohoo

It will just sit, patiently waiting.......till it can chase a Cruzer once more.

74_15_10_09_7_32_37.jpg

You need another set of wheels/tires for some street driving. I took mine out last night, it was 40 degrees and it ran like a scalded ape! I'll drive it right up to when the salt comes out.

I do have street tires/wheels, what I don't have is paved roads, heat and a semi-airtight car!

Sounds like you need to shell out for a full window then.... Or maybe another project mark. You got the room do another one.

I do have the room! but, the only other project that interests me is a Factory Five type roadster or coupe. I'm thinking that wouldn't change a thing come winter time.

"silverblueBP" said:
I do have street tires/wheels, what I don't have is paved roads, heat and a semi-airtight car!

No paved roads? What country do you live in man?!

When the snow flies here, I'm taking my Subaru ice-auto crossing.

Back