• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wow, what athletes are legitimate?

Flysure1

I guess I live in such a little secluded piece of earth that I used to look up to athletes for their ability and not think"I wonder what enhancing drugs they used"
I thought McGuire actually relied on ability to hit home runs, I thought Rodger Clemens was a great pitcher, but I never thought Lance Armstrong was using drugs to improve his sport--looks like his world will soon be crumbling around him, is nothing sacred? I don't follow pro sports real close anymore but I see even less in my future!

But yet, they will always garner drooling fans and enormous amounts of money.

So where is the proof Armstrong cheated again? The guy has passed some 500 random tests. Never failed one. He has been the victim of a witch hunt for years. I cannot say for certain he never did anything wrong but no one has ever proven anything either.

"Horseplay" said:
So where is the proof Armstrong cheated again? The guy has passed some 500 random tests. Never failed one. He has been the victim of a witch hunt for years. I cannot say for certain he never did anything wrong but no one has ever proven anything either.

+1, how long should he have to fight to prove himself.

"silverblueBP" said:
But yet, they will always garner drooling fans and enormous amounts of money.

And that is the absolute ultimate mark for young athletes to aim for! To be a pro someday! But when you start the climb to the top you soon realize that in order to compete you need to get more out of your body than is naturally possible! We as a society for the most part worship the best of each sport, then we are told that some of the best have "cheated" to reach their peak, very disheartening. Next someone will say pro wrestling isn't real! :sarc

"Fast68back" said:
+1, how long should he have to fight to prove himself.
I would love to think he is clean, I imagine there is something there if someone with his reputation and image desides to give up and let his titles be stripped---that is a whole other rant if this is all a witch hunt. But Armstrong aside a lot of the supposed "great" baseball players have been "dirty"

"Flysure1" said:
. Next someone will say pro wrestling isn't real! :sarc

Wait it's not real?

Next you're going to tell me Santa and the Easter Bunny are not real and really ruin my day.

Listen we live in a world where we love to build people up just to tear them down. Sports is no exception.

The headlines saying he will be stripped of his Tour wins is BS too. The US body has no authority to do such. I am betting he has made this decision to put an end to the BS and trusts that the governing body who could strip his titles does not react to the crap happening over here.

I am not a huge Armstrong fan. As an American athlete I did and do support him. As an American I also believe someone innocent until PROVEN guilty. Unless they are liberal and then I vote for execution but that is for another thread.

"Grabber70Mach" said:
In the end does it really matter? He already made his money and I bet is living rather comfortably.
It does if your reputation and legacy mean more to you than money.

Re: Re: Wow, what athletes are legitimate?

"Horseplay" said:
It does if your reputation and legacy mean more to you than money.

While true and I won't disagree with you. I believe in the long run with a majority of the athletes its about the money period.

"Grabber70Mach" said:
While true and I won't disagree with you. I believe in the long run with a majority of the athletes its about the money period.
True because the majority of athletes do not have reputations worthy of preservation!

Its typical of those that hate and attack. If you can't prove they are guilty......

Accuse them and tell them they have to PROVE they are innocent.

worked for the Third Reich......and its starting again.....FOXNews

"KBMWRS" said:
Its typical of those that hate and attack. If you can't prove they are guilty......

Accuse them and tell them they have to PROVE they are innocent.

worked for the Third Reich......and its starting again.....FOXNews

and Harry Reid

"Laurie S." said:
If I were innocent of the charges, I'd fight them until the day I died.
I understand the sentiment but at what cost? Would you spend your last dime? Would you devote all your time to the effort and lose the opportunity to either pursue other interests or simply enjoy life?

In this case, he has been hounded for years. The guy has passed hundreds of tests. Won countless times against various accusations. How many times does he have to win and disprove them before they have to stop? Will they ever stop?

"silverblueBP" said:
Did Harry Reid start the accusations??
Not sure, but he does touch his cat in its bad place. I heard from a reliable source who will remain anonymous.

Back