• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wow, what athletes are legitimate?

"Horseplay" said:
I understand the sentiment but at what cost? Would you spend your last dime? Would you devote all your time to the effort and lose the opportunity to either pursue other interests or simply enjoy life?

In this case, he has been hounded for years. The guy has passed hundreds of tests. Won countless times against various accusations. How many times does he have to win and disprove them before they have to stop? Will they ever stop?

I did that. I fought accusations against my company on an archaeological excavation project dating to 2006. It finally went to court last year and the jury found that we had done nothing wrong and that the local town had interfered in my contract. It cost a lot of money and the award basically covered the litigation costs. But, my reputation and that of my company was cleared and that vindication is worth all the money in the world to me. I fought for my reputation and I won.

"Laurie S." said:
I did that. I fought accusations against my company on an archaeological excavation project dating to 2006. It finally went to court last year and the jury found that we had done nothing wrong and that the local town had interfered in my contract. It cost a lot of money and the award basically covered the litigation costs. But, my reputation and that of my company was cleared and that vindication is worth all the money in the world to me. I fought for my reputation and I won.
That is truly awesome and I commend you for it.

Lance has been fighting this crap for almost twice as long as your case drew out. He has undoubtedly spent much, much more in both dollars and time. As he is a public figure, his plays out in the press. He has been judged and found guilty or innocent by millions long before event the first case was resolved and found him victorious. Each time it plays out in the press, more people find him guilty regardless of the outcome. He loses with each win. What is the point of continued fight? His accusers do not suffer any consequence for their unjustified claims. Lance does not win monetary damages to off-set his expense. He cannot fight on to "save his good name" because it was already unfairly lost.

"Horseplay" said:
That is truly awesome and I commend you for it.

Lance has been fighting this crap for almost twice as long as your case drew out. He has undoubtedly spent much, much more in both dollars and time. As he is a public figure, his plays out in the press. He has been judged and found guilty or innocent by millions long before event the first case was resolved and found him victorious. Each time it plays out in the press, more people find him guilty regardless of the outcome. He loses with each win. What is the point of continued fight? His accusers do not suffer any consequence for their unjustified claims. Lance does not win monetary damages to off-set his expense. He cannot fight on to "save his good name" because it was already unfairly lost.

Well said.

Back