• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 Build called Electra

Yeah, i finally said it was time to see if she could go for a long drive...70 miles to lebanon and then back after it warmed up. Not a single problem but i think the steering could be slightly improved if i get that negative camber or caster i dont remember which it was lol. It was awesome, i did also realize how much heat comes out the shifter whole, i mean dman...i need that boot.on lol

ok so wired up and installed.. Tested out all the audio and adjusted settings. Good video quality and functiona. Pretty happy with by $200 android radio/gps.

Now the problem..took her out and took off while.in 2nd...A nasty burning smell showed up and on top of that she was running a bit rough. May just be the gas kn that part but the smell.is concerning and now the rear end which had a small leak has a much bigger one as i found a wet spot in the garage...So i guess i need to pull the chunk....Was already in the cards but was holding off..Wish i would of found out before ordering a 1 wire 100amp alt

oh also i bed lined the original radio box and put in a cup holder/change bin...cup older prob isnt as functional as it doesnt come out far enoughattachment-2.jpg attachment-1.jpg attachment.jpg

yeah its just an 8. I actually have a 3.25 chunk to replace it will and i think i was just burning the clutch up some...So ill prob want to watch what im doing lol

I replaced the alternator with a 1 wire Power Master 100 amp alt and all flickering is gone. Im guessing the 1g low idle amperage was the issue. On to the rear tomorrow

FB_IMG_1476025486755.jpg rear end tore apart, naturally parts stores didnt have gasket and seals. So ive ordered them and will upgrade my rear xhunk from 280 to 325 so she gonna have a lil more pep. By hwy mpg lol....

I'm currently running a 3.25 in my 9"
its a pretty good compromise, not too much rpm's to hurt mpg real bad but a little more leverage for getting her moving!

installed the rear chunk and torqued to 30lbs. Pushed the axels in a made sure everything fit right and turned.

I was going to put the whole rear back together but i decided the drums were old and rusty and needed replaced so since i had everything taken a part i ordered a rear disc conversion for toms classics. 11 discs and was rather cheap. So ill install those when they get here and continue to reassemble the rear.

Got my auto city classics (Tomsclassics on ebay) rear disc kit installed...It was $250 and had a few gotchas. 1st you have to drill the rotors to fit flush for the countersink. Also it doesnt mention where to put the connector for the brake lines.

Still have to bleed the lines. Did of course fill the rear with 2.5 quarts gear oil.

20161023_100907.jpg 20161022_145718.jpg

Yeah, i have to bleed the brakes and hook up the parking brake but other then that its done. Probably going to replace the tail housing seal or slip yoke seal or whatever its called before i put the driveshaft back in

Yeah, i have to bleed the brakes and hook up the parking brake but other then that its done. Probably going to replace the tail housing seal or slip yoke seal or whatever its called before i put the driveshaft back in
No probably. Do it. Cheap part no reason not to.

Back