• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 Stang Build

Alright I am going to try and bust it on this car. We are taking it to World of Wheels on the 9th of Feb and I'll try to keep this updated. And I'm not sure if there is an actual project class but we are taking it down for the autobody class that I was in. So if anyone is at W.O.W. look me up!

Doors cut and buffed:

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

On but not lined up just checking for color match.

017.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

029.jpg

031.jpg

Hood had a ring in it where I undercut the filler so redo!

004.jpg

005.jpg

031-1.jpg

030.jpg

Blocked and wet sanded
041.jpg

Fenders being redone also
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

017-1.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

018-1.jpg

035.jpg

Redoing the cowl...
013.jpg

011.jpg

Redoing the decklid...
025-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

023.jpg

Front valance in primed then blocked
019-1.jpg

022-2.jpg

029-1.jpg

027.jpg

026-1.jpg

Quarter extensions weren't show quality either so they were wet sanded
032.jpg

Stone Guard was received from CJ Ponyparts in just about worse shape than the original
014.jpg

Checked to make sure the seats fit
009.jpg

010.jpg

Headlight buckets almost ready to spray
039.jpg

038.jpg

Hinges sandblasted
040.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! The pictures do it no justice either it looks amazing when the sun is on it. It is pretty dark in the shop.

Headliner in. Little dusty. Body shops are kind of a pain that way. There are a couple of wrinkles but they are coming out and when the glass goes in it will pull it tighter. It is off getting tinted and will be in on Monday.

016-1.jpg

017-2.jpg

Headlight buckets

021-1.jpg

022-3.jpg

Got the fenders and hood in the booth. Everything lifted! I tried sanding them down and it wouldn't come out. I sealed them and let it sit up for 24 hours and will paint tomorrow morning and hope it doesn't lift again!

039-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

Quarter trim and steering column sprayed

028-2.jpg

030-1.jpg

029-2.jpg

Fat mat installed

040-1.jpg

041-1.jpg

042.jpg

Hinges sandblasted don't have the painted pictures yet but I did get them painted.

040.jpg

Not updating very well I have been busy.

Carpet is also in. Some awesome news on the rear seat heres a before picture
013-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

Have to wait until I get them back for the after pictures. I hope it is this weekend.

Here is something else we are taking to the car show
008-2.jpg

The cowl is also repainted and no dents!

I put the wheels on it that I am taking it to WOW on and it was WAY too high. It sit like 3 inchs too high all around. I cut one coil on the front and dropped down the rearend with 3 inch lowering blocks but I think I'm going to go with 2 inch. It looks tough though. I also got my dash trim today which is sweet. Got a master body bolt kit which also rocks. Front valance will probably not be on it for the car show because it doesn't even come close to fitting which I should have expected. I hope I have time to put it on but I'm painting the stock style. Also got the engine in but the car won't have any wiring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been super busy but here are some painted pictures.

We put it together and sprayed it. Some how I got a couple major dents in the hood and done what I could with them but we are out of time and I have drill for the Air Guard thi weekend so I can't work on it so we have to leave the dents :bomb We are flat blacking the middle of the hood and hoping you won't be able to see it very much. Talked to the guy with my back seat and he told me what my bill was and it was over three times what he quoted me . I was unhappy and will be going to World of Wheels without a rear seat. The glass is in and looks good the windows are tinted to an 18. The good news--- We called Single Source in St Joseph, MO and said we need a color that comes close to matching that House of Kolor and they hooked us up! Sent us a tri coat set up I think was called Sunblast it is out of their new Vibrance Line. Was over $500 in base and he donated it! It was very difficult to spray but turned out cool. Ground coat is silver and then a burnt orange transparent coat. I will post more pictures when I get some more time.

02-03-11_1701-1.jpg

02-03-11_1221-1.jpg

Super slick man. Great job. Sorry to hear about the dents and thanks for joining the Guard. Hope the weekend drills went well.

Hoping you didn't mean Color/Winter guard. LoL

Man, it looks awesome! But you have a lot to do before WoW THIS FRIDAY! Or are these old pictures...? :confu

That PPG Vibrance modeled up on the quarters because the booth was so cold. So we had another change of plans. Here is a picture from world of wheels. Got the interior mostly in it. Got the back seat back and it looked good. Matches my front seats very well. But I will be putting the car up until I get back. I leave in a couple weeks and get back in about 10 months.

WOW.jpg

Jacob King is your name? All this time, I thought your user name was shorthand for Just Kidding!

"jking" said:
But I will be putting the car up until I get back. I leave in a couple weeks and get back in about 10 months.

WOW.jpg
:weas :kneel

Friggin' awesome!

Be sure to put some stabilizer in the fuel before you head out. Be safe.

Back