• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

$2:52 gas Raleigh N.C.

Saw $2.10 for regular today and damn near crashed doing a double-take. So used to $4 a gallon it seems unreal.

Local chevron was 2.59 9/10 on 12/31/14, yesterday it was 2.71 9/10. A new tax thanks to the gubernater. Not moonbeam, Arnold. :mad:

fd

Down to 1.95 now. I can use my fuel perks from grocery shopping and only pay .05 a gal. Up to 30 gals. Wahoo.

Paid $1.98 last night. I was overjoyed, first time in several decades since I paid under $2 a gal!
I heard talk here of raising the gas tax. I think it's died down though. What general public fails to think about is that the tax increase being justified by politicians because prices are low, still stays around when the prices go back up!

89 reg @ Shell was $1.89 yesterday.

How soon we forget, gas was priced about $1.50 a gallon for almost twenty years (1985-2004). It had an uptick the last half of the 2000's and went off the charts for near the whole of Obama's reign. Not surprising as the better our economy goes so go lower gas prices.

So you're saying this economy is Booming?
Not yet but signs of life are appearing. The November election and subsequent incoming congressional bodies have given business minds hope. The falling gas prices have increased oil production, seasonality and World demand as larger factors in the decline. My economy bit was more an indictment of Obama's failures for the past six years keeping it high.

I filled up at the Costco in Oxnard (yes, that's the name of a city - lol) for 2.339 for 87 Octane. I thought the price would be higher due to the Kalifornia tax but the price actually went down with the tax added in (should have been about 2.259 without the tax).

Same thing here at my local Costco in Corona. Paid 2.31 9/10 on 12/31 and it was 2.29 9/10 last night.
BTW another 4 years of moonbeam, they swear him in a couple of hours ago. {.}

fd

Same thing here at my local Costco in Corona. Paid 2.31 9/10 on 12/31 and it was 2.29 9/10 last night.
BTW another 4 years of moonbeam, they swear him in a couple of hours ago. {.}

fd

way to ruin a feel good thread! :(

Back