• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

$2:52 gas Raleigh N.C.

Price at the same station last weekend was $1.89. Yesterday it rose overnight to $2.26! WTF?! 20% increase. Who can explain that one?

Did you wear your glasses ??
No but I did do a double take when I saw the sign! Also fired up my Gas Buddy app to confirm that all the other area stations did the same. They did. No new taxes or such either. Price simply skyrocketed. I wondered why it was lower than a lot of other areas. Usually it is just below Cali prices on the list of most expensive. Guess someone figured out they went too low.

We're currently averaging low $1.80's here with some in the upper $1.70's! The crooks at the state capitol are knocking around raising gas taxes here now. The alternative is to lower the gas taxes, but then raise the wholesale sales tax on it. The latter increase would be even higher!

We're currently averaging low $1.80's here with some in the upper $1.70's! The crooks at the state capitol are knocking around raising gas taxes here now. The alternative is to lower the gas taxes, but then raise the wholesale sales tax on it. The latter increase would be even higher!

The feds are talking about doing the same thing.

Price of gas goes down which makes it cheaper for the end users. End user travels more and burns more fuel resulting in higher tax collections. Politicians decide they want even more tax $$ since the price is low.

Fucking cocksuckers.

Every political will jump on the band wagon the prices will rise again and to quote a great movie, screwed we will all be!

I say get rid of every politician that can not spend within the means given them by the people!

We revolted against England for less tax! Gas-tea? Same thing these days!

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I can see one of two scenarios eventually playing out. Either they'll raise the gas tax (under the guise we can pay more now and are still better off "than we were"), after which gas prices will rise but the raised taxes will remain. Or the other scenario; they'll raise gas taxes and when prices rise again they'll drop them back (though no where near where they were before the increase), claiming they saved us all by lowering taxes....just in time for reelection!

Instead of looking at ways to boost the economy through the lower prices, they're all busy wringing their hands and seeing ways to get more "milk" from the cash cow. "Oh the new pork barrel projects we can finance!" Scumbags!!!

Just filled the Escape up for $14 @ $1.69/gal. The gas station attendant had to use their defibrillator on me.

$2.139 in Lodi, CA. I almost got stuck there, too ;)

I have push button start in my Mazda 3, so I always keep the key fob transmitter in my pocket. For some reason, this time I put it in the console. I got out of the car and tried to lock it, luckily it wouldn't lock with the fob in the car!

2.259 here in Kalifornia. It was also 70 degrees here and I wore shorts and my SoCal speedshop t-shirt all day..... It really sucks here. Don't come.

Back